cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the business criteria for APO demand planning and r3 demand planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi men,

it would be nice to have your inputs /clarity on Demand planning .i hav worked with both APO demand planning and R/3 demnd planning md61 and sop stuff...frm the configurator angle..but in terms of business under wht business circumstances or scenario we use APO DP and   r3  DP .....because my clint has both R/3 and APO and i want to decide how the demand has to be addressed ..it has to be addressed by APO dp or r3 demand...would be nice to hav clarity

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understand based on old knowledge of r3 demand planning

you cant do the following in R3

Fixing values.

Finer controls in data aggregation and disaggregation

Multi level planning - you are limited by Infostructures - but freely definable in APO

Life cycle planning - new products phase in phase out

Seasonal Planning.

Collaborate planning...

Measuring you demand plan against a constrained supply plan.

Slicing and Dicing data in anyway you want

Macro workbench that allows you do lot more innovative calculations, alerts, conditions etc in DP

Advanced forecasting techniques

I would consider APO DP.. IF

I have an appetite for lots of data... lots of key figures, lots of formulas, lots of  characteristics / levels / hierarchies

A global perspective.. i.e. one solution works for all but data is still separated for planning and joined for reporting.

Leverage the power of BI for demand plan quality measurement.

I want my demand plan to be REALISTIC based on finiteness of my capacity but this I believe can be done in R3 too with some creativity.

Need to have a causal forecasting approach. modeling multi-linear regression.

Golden rule: You don't need a hammer to kill an insect.