cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All goods receipt material document are posted with same date even though they are created on different dates whilst cross docking

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Day 1 .

Product from Inbound delivery is cross docked to Outbound delivery. Cross docked products are scanned first in WM and system post GR material document with posting date Day 1.

Rest of product are not scanned on same day.

Day 2.

Remaining products are scanned and material document are posted with posting date Day 1.

In fact goods receipt on inbound delivery done on and after Day 2 are posted with date Day 1.

We are having problem when Day 2 is first day of month. Goods receipts on and after Day 2 are increasing stock value of previous month which in some cases causing issue with insurance value of warehouse.

I am looking for some SAP literature explaining this behaviour. Even better if someone can explain me why SAP is doing this and what will happen if (presumably using BADI/exits) GR material documents are posted with different date in this scenario. I tried sap notes and help.sap.com without any luck.

Is there any configuration which can influence posting date of goods receipt material documents.

Regards,

Pawan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System is copying 'Actual GR date' from inbound delivery into posting date of GR material document. However, at the last GR document inbound delivery Actual GR date is changed to current date and last GR is posted with current date. (We are putting away stock in cross dock location in warehouse).

Apparently you can change Actual GR date from VL32N (current date for example) and system will start posting GR material documents with that date.

We are now planning to change our custom RF transaction to do this in background before carrying out putaway.

Regards,

Pawan.

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An example

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your "actual goods movement date" in the delivery?

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'Actual GR date' on inbound delivery is Day 2 .

On the inbound delivery 180073977 from example above 'Actual GR date' date is 02.04.2013