SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations Discussions
Share your knowledge on SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations, connect with community members, and join discussions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict user in VT01N for creating Shipment for outbound delivery to which user has no authorization?

0 Kudos

We have received multiple cases were user get massage "This delivery XXXXXXXX is currently being processed by another user XYZ" in Transaction VL02N.

Analysis for these cases found that user XYZ who is responsible for processing this outbound delivery has no authorization for this outbound delivery as it is belongs to some other shipping point.

Still user XYZ is able to access the outbound delivery for creating shipment in transaction VT01N by following steps:

1.      VT01N User Enter Transport Planning Point and Shipment type then he Push the button to select deliveries

2.      Scroll the window down to change the defaults a shown below and press <F8>.

3.      The selected delivery XXXXXXXX is assigned to the temporary shipment even if he has no access to this outbound delivery:

4.      When parallel trying to change the delivery no. XXXXXXXX with my user ID the system gives the lock message:

How can we restrict user to create shipments for the outbound delivery which is not belongs to his shipping point?

Thanks for let us know.

3 REPLIES 3

SilvioMiranda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

you can aply the procedures of note 604473 / 660133 and create a parameter in STVARV ( SAP_V56L_GLOBAL_MAX_SEL)  limiting the number of selected deliveries...

In my case I set the number to 50.. so when the user selects more than this the system raise the message: MESSAGE e849(vw) WITH logcount-ix p_maxsel.

* number of deliveries too big.. try a better selection...

Hope this can be helpfull...

Sílvio Miranda

0 Kudos

Hello Silvio,

I will check with the solution you have suggested. Will reply with the result.

Thank you,

Devendra

SilvioMiranda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra... now I saw you last  question.. and the solution tha I propose doen´t solve this problem...  (restric user to create shipments with no authorization ).. it seems that the typing sequence the user uses.. causes the wrong behavior in VT01N... I think that my sugestion won´t work... sorry... maybe you´ll have to use the BADI ES_BADI_SAPLV56L.. and check the authorization again in here....