cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm Button for Service desk 7.1 workcenter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts,

The confirm button in the service desk work center ui and url are disabled. I have already maintained the status profile and the B_USERSTAT and B_USERST_T.

Is there anything that i missed? Thanks!

regards,

Grace

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Grace.

To use Confirm button you should give user role SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS (Role for Support Desk Processor) and disable DSPR and PROC activities in authorization object SM_SDK_ACT in that role.

Best regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Artem,

I tried this but still doesn't work. Also if we give this role to a reporter/key user than other authorizations which are intended for message processors only will also be accessed by them.

Thanks!

regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Algrace BELLINGAN wrote:

Also if we give this role to a reporter/key user than other authorizations which are intended for message processors only will also be accessed by them.

That's why I told you that SM_SDK_ACT should be without DSPR and PROC activities - in this case end-user with this role won't have any extra processor authorizations in workcenter.

Also you can check my old topic - I had another problem, but it may be helpful: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2141636

Best regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is still not working. Did it work in your case? can i see you status profile?Are there any other ways?

It is so weird because if i use the standard status profile, the status is correct but the confirm button is still deactivated. Then if i copy the standard to a custom, the status follows the default which is "sent to support".

regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Grace.

Is 'Confirm' the only disalbled button or 'Reply' and 'Withdraw' are disabled too?

Is that button disabled in all statuses or not?

BR,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

It is only the confirm button that is disabled in all statuses. However, when i tried to use other status profile, the confirm button is enabled. But if I use the status profile with enabled confirm button, it doesn't get the initial status 'New', which is already set as initial and with lowest and highest values of 10 and 15 respectively.

Actually, i tested all status profiles and the results are inconsistent. Some has enabled confirm button but with wrong initial status, while others have correct status but disabled confirm button.

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

And under which user do you test this problem? With processors or end-users authorizations?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Artem,

This is for end-users.

Thanks!

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which roles does you end-user has?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

Here are the roles assigned to the user.

ZAGS_DEBUG_ADMIN_ROLE- temporarily assigned for the purpose of debugging

ZCUST_SUPPDESK_CREATE

ZMMC_SUPPDESK_SP_DISPLAY

ZSAP_SM_CRM_UIU_SOLMANPRO_CREA

ZSAP_SMWORK_BASIC

ZSAP_SMWORK_BASIC_INCIDENT

ZSAP_SMWORK_INCIDENT_MAN_SPC

Although we have the UI roles, we decided to use the service desk workcenter 7.1 since it is more convenient and user friendly.

Thank you.

regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grace,

to Confirm the message in service desk you need:

• Status of message should be customer action of proposed solution( status confirm should be in range of min-max  )
  • In workcenter message can confirm only Reported By so check if you logged on as author

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniyar,

I have already maintained this but still got the error. Are there any other config that needs to be done aside from the role, defining the status profile and maintaining it in the transaction type? Thank you.

regards.

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

First check what values are in field Trans for confirm button there should be FINI

Can you please compare both status profiles standard and custom especially Confirm.

Enter in each of them and double click all statuses step by step.

You will see something like this:

And also you can trace it...

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, i have already compared the status profile including the transaction control. Even if is use the standard, i am still not able to get the confirm button enabled and the initial status is no getting the "new" status.

Thank you.

regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Grace.

Algrace BELLINGAN wrote:

...and the initial status is no getting the "new" status...

If your status after incident creation is "sent to support" - it means that you use SMIV status profile (it is for VAR scenario in Solution Manager). If you are not SAP VAR partner - you'd better use SMIN and you'll see "New" status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Artem,

We are a VAR partner but we would like to use "New" as the initial status.

Are status are as follows:

New

In Process

Customer Action

Proposed Solution

Sent to SAP

Confirmed

Do you mean we cannot modify the (pre-delivered/copied from standard) status profile?

regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just to add to my previous message.

Even if I use the SMIN, the initial status that is being reflected in the message table in the work center is 'withdrawn'. When i tried to remove the withdrawn status from the list, the status became 'New withdrawn', and the message gets the attributes of withdrawn (disabled reply and changes in the message).

regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, show us screenshots of your ZMIN0001 and ZMIV0001 status profiles and also ZMIN and ZMIV transaction types. May be it will clarify the problem.

BR, Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

See below screenshots for the transaction type and status profile.

We do not use ZMIN. Only ZMIV transaction type.

regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, let's try.

Algrace BELLINGAN wrote:

We are a VAR partner but we would like to use "New" as the initial status.

Do you mean we cannot modify the (pre-delivered/copied from standard) status profile?

regards,

Grace

So usually two different transaction types are used for different customers: SMIV for VAR-customers and SMIN for non-Var-Customers (sounds like He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named ).

If you are using SMIV trasaction type - than the first status you can see in workcenter will be "Sent to Support" (nevertheless, I've got a notification for users after ZMIV-message creation in status "New" - and it works, so it seems that the status is switched from "New" to "Sent to Support"automatically using some action or by default program code).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Algrace BELLINGAN wrote:

regards,

Grace

So you do not have status Sent to Support in your status scheme. But you've got it in workcenter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, that's right. This makes it so strange.

What do you mean by "I've got a notification for users after ZMIV-message creation in status "New" - and it works."?How did you configured you Service desk to make the initial status as "New"?                                                                    

Thank you.

regards,

Grace                           

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

So is there a way to change this back to New? Kindly help clarify.

How about the confirm button? Any idea why is disabled?

Thanks!

regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Algrace BELLINGAN wrote:

What do you mean by "I've got a notification for users after ZMIV-message creation in status "New" - and it works."?How did you configured you Service desk to make the initial status as "New"?                                                                                    

So my action definition for e-mail notification about new incident has start condition &CRM Service Request.User Status& = E0001ZMIV0001. It means that as soon as the incident gets status New - an e-mail should be sent. When I create an incident - action is triggered (1) and then Sent to Support is set automatically (2😞

My ZMIV status profile (sorry for screenshot on DE but you can compare by status code):

Former Member
0 Kudos

Algrace BELLINGAN wrote:

How about the confirm button? Any idea why is disabled?

I've checked it in my system. Button Confirm is disabled in all statuses except Proposed Solution and Author Action.

So if it is disabled in customer statuses - I think you should check authorizations of your end-user (does he has SLMO_04 in his role?).

BR,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes. I have maintained this value in autho objects B_USERSTAT and B_USERST_T.

Actvity:01, 06

Object Cat: COH, COI

ZMIV0001

Thank you.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, i have maintained this value in the authorization objects  B_USERSTAT and B_USERST_T.

Here are other details:

Activity                       01, 06

Authorization key              SLFN, SLMO_04

Object Category                COH, COI

Status Profile                 ZMIV0001

Thank you.

regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grace Hi,

And what about Authorizations keys in object?

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

May i know why i need to add this? I am only using SLFN (for New, In Process, Customer Action and Sent to SAP) and SLMO_04 (for Confirmed).

My transaction type is ZMIV.

Thank you.

regards,

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Algrace BELLINGAN wrote:

Hi Artem,

Here are the roles assigned to the user.

ZAGS_DEBUG_ADMIN_ROLE- temporarily assigned for the purpose of debugging

ZCUST_SUPPDESK_CREATE

ZMMC_SUPPDESK_SP_DISPLAY

ZSAP_SM_CRM_UIU_SOLMANPRO_CREA

ZSAP_SMWORK_BASIC

ZSAP_SMWORK_BASIC_INCIDENT

ZSAP_SMWORK_INCIDENT_MAN_SPC

Although we have the UI roles, we decided to use the service desk workcenter 7.1 since it is more convenient and user friendly.

Thank you.

regards,

Grace

So as I can see you have end-user roles for creating and displaying messages.

But as I've already said for using buttons (it some kind of processing, not just displaying) you should also give end-user role SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS with deactivated authorization object SM_SDK_ACT. Have you tested this variant?

In confirmation of my words I will copy a quote from SM 7.1 Security Guide:

Authorization object SM_SDK_ACT for identification of users (key-user and processor) in work center included in adapted roles SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS and SAP_SUPPDESK_ADMIN.

P.S. Also you can check some variants from this topic: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2120567

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have added the suppdesk_process role but still have the same issue.

Thank you.

regards,

Grace