cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

date time format issue in update operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing new issue with date/time format while update operation. PoCreatedate  format is Edm.DateTime

While SharePoint is trying to update the  PO with update operation , it is sending  <d:PoCreateDate>2012-04-26T00:00:00Z</d:PoCreateDate>  along with other attributes.

At sap side , in method  /IWFND/IF_MGW_ENTRY_PROVIDER~READ_ENTRY_DATA , at step15 deserialize_data
, an exception is being caught and we getting an error  : Value
2012-04-26T00:00:00Z does not represent a valid date/time.
I think the  problem is with Z (UTC) at the end .

I went through  the documents  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-38923. Even there I see in update operation you are sending the Z  at the end
of date time attribute .

Can you please help us in this  issue , do we need to change any setting in the user profile ?

Regards,

Keerthi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

I haven't gone through this guide myself. I will try to get the author to help us out here.

In the meantime, can you please try to change the type of the property from Edm.DateTime to Edm.DateTimeOffset and report back if you see any change?

Cheers, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you Alex. It is working with datetimeoffset

Regards,

Keerthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

I had faced the same issue during Duet 2.0 customer validation with SAP.

And it was found its a limitation from microsoft end.Adding a snippet of solution provided by a Duet colleague.

"Microsoft team and it seems there is limitation in Beta2(SharePoint Shipment) because of which this issue occurs.

The workaround for this is to use the type Edm.String instead of current default Edm.DateTime for BEGDA and EDNDA.

I would suggest you copy the current metadata and runtime class to new classes and then create a new service based on resultant classes. Change the Define method in new metadata class such that the data type for BEGDA and EDNDA property is Edm.String. You can you use method SET_TYPE_EDM_STRING(lo_property->SET_TYPE_EDM_STRING (  ) ) in the property class to change the type of BEGDA and ENDDA to Edm.String. Test your new service using REST client and then create VL just like you created VL for original service."

Hope it helps.