Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using standard SAP third-party sales procedures -

1. Create third-party sales order
  2. Create PO with the PR generated
  3. Post GR and IR to that PO
  4. Create invoice to customer with reference to the third-party sales order

It's working well in 99% cases while we do see strange billing quantities happening occasionally, especially when the sales order line quantity was reduced. Saying the order quantity is reduced from 100 to 20, PR is updated automatically to 20 and so does the PO line. After GR/IR, we go for VF01 against the sales order but the billing quantity is still 100.

So I want to understand where this billing quantity field FKIMG is from. Thanks for any input

yu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ideally with setting of Billing Relevance as F in Item Category, system takes Quantity from MIRO (Incoming Invoice) document.

If in your case in 99% of cases it is working fine & happening only occasionally, then it does not seem to be a Configuration error. You will have to note a trend & find some common object by comparing Doucment where it is happening & where it is not hapenning.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignesh. In fact that's exactly what I have been checking but unfortunately cannot see anything special with the "problem" orders.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

SAP service has come up with note 1654891. I'm trying to implement it.

I will come back

yu

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

zh,

According to the note, if user changes the quantity (directly) in the t-code ME22N or in the Purchase order this error can occur.

Has the user changed the PO quantity?

The PO (or relevant items line should have been deleted) then the quantity in the 3rd party sales order should have been changed, which would change the PR quantity and then the PO should have been created.

By following the above process, the error could have been avoided.

Could you please test this and update (if the error is occurring)?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was aware of this OSS note, however your description and notes description looks slightly different. Your description reads, you have changed the quantity in sales order and getting wrong invoice quantities, whereas the notes reads change of quantity in PO and wrong billing quantity. Not sure both are same. If SAP recommends, go ahead, implement and update the results here.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva,

It was nice to read your post! You conveyed some subtle differences in the issue and the note.

The note talks about possible issues (in 3rd party sale scenarios) if changes are done in ME22N (or in the change mode in the PO).

But still, always I have understood that the billing quantity (to external customer) depend upon the IV quantity (not PO quantity etc.).

I have requested the OP to test, the changes in the sales order of the 3rd party sales (both decrease and increase the quantity) without using t-code ME22N and check if the above error occurs.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

zh y,

You have sited the issue occuring when the sales order quantity is changed from 100 to 20. (decrease of sales order quantity)

The final bill to customer is of 100 quantity (it should be of 20).

Have you faced the same issue (incorrect billing quantity), in 3rd party sale, if the sales order quantity has been increased e.g. from 100 to 150.

Still the bill to customer is of 100 quantity (it should be of 150)?

Also please test this in your DEV system and update.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check and confirm how much quantity is in MIRO and MIGO??? If User made mistake in MIRO / MIGO you will get wrong quantity in invoice.

If in case Business process is correct. MIRO/ MIGO has been made with correct quantityand  sytem setting is perfect then I will suggest you to create OSS message to SAP.

As in this case SAP standard system process is not working as it is intended to do so SAP will check and provide you correct solution or Note.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both GR and IR quantities are 20. I think I will have to raise a ticket to SAP.

Thanks anyway!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both GR and IR quantities are 20. I think I will have to raise a ticket to SAP.

Thanks anyway!

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you raise it to SAP, have you checked below setting.

Go to VTFA, select your sales order type and billing type, go to "Item" and check what is the billing qty you have maintained. You should have "F".

See the screenshot:

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you also provide details for below?

1) When the sales order quantity is changed, did the user hit enter button? Or just clicked on save button? It is better to hit the enter button so that all table data gets refreshed.

2) Check whether fixed date/quantity box is checked at the line item -> schedule line level. If it is checked, just uncheck and then test again.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First u check the config of copy control,

Go to T-code VTFA,

select the your doc type and make sure the Billing Quantity must be "F"

This will help full to you

Regards,

Atiq.

Message was edited by: Atiq Ahmed

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

zh,

100 to 20, PR is updated automatically to 20 and so does the PO line. After GR/IR, we go for VF01 against the sales order but the billing quantity is still 100.

Please check, what is the Invoice Verification quantity (in the above example).

In standard 3rd party sales, when a sales order is created (say for 100EA), automatically a PR is generated.

Now if user goes to VA02 and changes the quantity in that order (say from 100EA to 20EA), then PR is already created with 100EA.

Is the quantity in the PR changed manually?

In copy control, VTFA, for item category TAD, field Pos./neg. quantity should be +

Check this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes TW it is a '+' there. PR quantity has been updated automatically from 100 to 20. And the PO quantity is updated as well before anything posted.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In copy control, VTFA, for item category TAD, field Pos./neg. quantity should be +

Check this.

Why you have said check in TAD Item category field Pos./Neg . Quantity  should be + ?

Note : May I know,in your business ,are you using TAD Item category for Third Part Sales ?

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi we use TAS

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

I made a typing mistake, it should have been TAS (instead of TAD)

If you want to know why to use +, for field pos./neg quantity, check the F1 help for field (VTFA).

It has been explain well!

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

After GR/IR, we go for VF01 against the sales order but the billing quantity is still 100.

With how much Quantity ,did you create GR/IR ? ( I think,you have created GR/IR with 100 Quantity right )

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not 100, but 20 only as it's updated already

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Could you please share some screen shots relevant this as PO History and SO doc flow .

Note : Are you referring correct Invoice ( in VF02 check once again )

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Yu,

As you said you billiing from sales order.

So the quantity is come from sales order item.

Regards,

Alex Ding

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the item category setting in VOV7check whether the Billing Relevance is set to F or not

and in the copy control from Sales order to Billing, VTFA, check Billing quantity, it should also be F

revert after checking these two

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh, I did check them and they are both F

yu