cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Web Dynpro Java applications doesn't start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We installed a new Portal 7.02 Development System using SAPinst.

The new portal is based on HP-UX operating system. It has been generated from the export of a portal based on Windows operating system.

The method used to generate this new system was "Standard System Copy / migration (load-based) on SAPInst".

When trying to run the Web Dynpro Java applications is occurring thefollowing error:

Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDefaultTimeZone()Ljava/util/TimeZone;

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.modelimpl.dynamicrfc.DynamicRFCModelClass.getTimeFormatter(DynamicRFCModelClass.java:1409)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.modelimpl.dynamicrfc.DynamicRFCModelClass.parseTime(DynamicRFCModelClass.java:1423)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.modelimpl.dynamicrfc.DynamicRFCModelClass.<clinit>(DynamicRFCModelClass.java:75)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:147)

... 33 more

We've compiled and re-deployed the applications, but the error persists.

The SAP JAVA VM and SAP Kernel was updated too, we upgraded to the latest version.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Edson Alvarenga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

we faced this issue by other customers too, where the latest available patch level of

JTECHF and JTECHS solved the problem.

If you let me know the SP of Release 702, then I gladly point out which patches to apply. No guarantee that it will help though, but this is what I would do for sure if I faced this issue.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think It is difference in the JDK version  between unix and windows.

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you were calling a BAPI/RFC through a WDJ model, i will suggest you to invalidate metadata cache or restart server.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems some system lib is missing