cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Availability: Assigned Values after Stock Transfer Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have come across a situation and needs an expert advise on the following scenario:

Scenario:

I have the following hierarchy of WBS elements: (AVAC active on all the WBS elements on released budget amount)

• Level 1:     A-1               (Budget 101, Released 101)
  •      Level 2:     A-1-1        (Budget 100, Released 100)
  •      Level 2:     A-1-2        (Budget 1, Released 1, User Status Set to Forbid the Availability Control)

1. A-1 has network assigned to it with activities assigned to A-1-1 and A-1-2 elements.
  2. Materials to be purchased are planned under the A-1-1 element.
  3. I have completed the PR, PO, GR and Stock Transfer Posting at materials under A-1-1, I transfered the stock from A-1-1 to A-1-2. (415-Q movement type)

Following information is obtained after each posting at A-1-1 WBS element

EventPR CommitmentPO Commitment
    GR Actual Cost

Transfer Posting Amount

(A-1-1)

Budget Available
    PR1000000
    PO (Full PR)0100000
    GR (Full PO)0010000
    Stock Transfer00100- 100 *100

* positive 100 entry is posted to A-1-2 element to transfer the stock from A-1-1 to A-1-2

After PR, PO and GR I have consumed all the budget (100) and have left with 0 budget for more purchases

After Stock Transfer Posting, the Total Actual Cost at A-1-1 becomes 0 (Actual GR + Stock Transfer) which makes budget 100 available again and now I can purchase more for the same budget. Which is IDEALLY WRONG.

How can I restrict the system to exclude the stock transfer postings from being taken into consideration while calculating the Assigned Value.

Regards

Shoaib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203098
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

if you consume the materials which have been procured against wbse A-1-1 then budget will be exhausted. But in your case, you have done transfer posting of materials i.e. Procured materials under A-1-1 wbse, but consumed on A-1-2 wbse. so that budget 100 is available for A-1-1 wbse. As per standard design this is right because availability control checks only the debits postings against the WBSE budget. if any credit posting (except revenue), budget become available on the WBSE’s for further transactions. 

I would suggest you to lock A-1-1 WBSE- account assignment after transfer postings. So that A-1-1 wbse can’t be used as account assignment in any PR/PO.  But still the budget-100 shows as available.

In cj20n edit-status-lock-account assignment.

regards,

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Thanks All for the valuable input.

We have tackeled the situation by restricting to the issuance of goods from A-1-1 instead of moving it to A-1-2. The PM Work Orders will be assigned to A-1-1 WBS element. So any issuance of goods from A-1-1 to the Work Order will post Credit Posting on A-1-1 and Debit posting on Work Order. Since Work Order is assigned to A-1-1, the overall accounting impact is ZERO.

Another option that was available besides the one mentioned by NAG was to transfer the budget alongwith the Stock Transfer transaction to overcome the problem. However, we dropped this as this will result in a lot of manipulation with the budget, which is not acceptable by the user.

Regards

Shoaib

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi Shoaib,

If you use a non-valuated project stock the actual costs will not move to the second WBS -- hence you can overcome the issue.

If you want the actual cost as well to move to second WBS element (then valuated stock is required),try to exempt the cost element against which the movement happen from availability.(In customizing you can exempt this cost element from availability check.Ensure that this cost element is exclusively used for this type of transfer alone)

Regards,

Jindow Joseph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide details of budget after stock transfer at all wbs elements.

Regards,

Harsh.