Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web services enrichment with files for updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to know if it is possible in SAP MDM :

1) to implement a search engine (text and filters) when users kick off the process of creating a new vendor. This search engine will use web services

( synchronous response ).

2) to freqently update the new vendor using File Transfer Protocol ( asynchronous process ).

Thanks,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Yes, it is possible to perform both the functions which you have asked for.

1. MDM has drill-down or Free-form search which will enable you to search the records quickly. But i think in your case, you are asking for kicking off a search operation at the time of creation of vendor, you want to check if the vendor details provided via UI, are already existing or not. So in a way you intend to do duplicate check on the new vendor. Please let me know if my understanding is correct. If yes, then you can use Matching and merging capability of MDM system. Please let me know if you need details about this.
  2. You can setup a port in MDM system for importing the records into MDM automatically. There would be configuration settings to be done for Master Data Import Server to optimize the load and import map needs to be created to map import file fields with existing MDM system fields.

Please let me know if you need more details on these, so that i can provide my inputs appropriately.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

It is very much possible to achieve both actions

1.MDM has in-built capability to perform search at a much faster rate. Free-form search or parametric search option has the capability to filter records based on any condition.

2.Frequent update of records into MDM can be achieved through MDIS(Mster data Import server) where files are imported when placed in appropriate folders. This updates Central master data repository.

Please feel free to let us knwo if any further queries.

Regards,

Ali