cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Definition Size Limit Sourcing 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

In the standard system while developing any Script (Validate, Pre-Phase etc.), system allows only 64000 characters within the Script

Does it mean any Business Logic on a particular event for a Business Document cannot exceed 64000 characters?

We have complex Business Logic running on the Pre Phase and other events where the current scripting length has already reached 63K

a) Is there any option in the tool to increase this limit or in other words have code more than this limit

b) If this limitation cannot be changed what other options are available. Business requirement is quite complex with multiple checks running

c) In future releases or patch upgrades is this limitation being removed?

Regards,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Script can hold max of 64K characters. The limit cannot be increased. I’m not aware of any plans to increase the limit in a future release.

63K on phase change script is a lot. Without knowing the business logic, it would be hard to make suggestions, but in general you may want to consider reviewing the script and try to optimize it. For example, if a specific logic is used in multiple places resulting in duplicate code, you may want to consider creating a new method.

Another potential option is to move some of the code to a java class and deploy it as a custom jar. I would consider this only as a last resort as there is a lot of overhead involved and adds complexity. Every time a code change is made, the custom jar would have to be redeployed and would require system downtime.

And finally, I’m a bit concerned about the system performance especially when these large scripts are executed. I would recommend reviewing your business process to see if there are opportunities to make design changes to minimize amount of scripting. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I have the same problem as Balaji, I am running out of characters in our validation script.

I will review my scripts to free up some space,  but that will only work for a couple of months, because new issues are coming in.

1st question: We have 5 document types in Master Agreements, so I have setted up a validation script for each type, and a 6. one to all, hoping this way 2 scripts will run after each other.  But it seems like All is running only, when the other ones won't? Is that right?

2nd question: I dont want to move the functions to the JAR (to deploy each time when something changes), but isn't that possible to call a function from an other script?

3rd question: Do you know when is the MODIFIED_AT modified? What happens if I put a Field Validation on the MODIFIED_AT field and I change something in the field validation? Will that trigger the validation again cousing an endless loop?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Gergely