cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport to multiple client using SolMan ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm new to SolMan and now I'm trying to transport to multiple client (500 and 510).

My solman is 7.1 SP 04.

The TMS configuration is like this:

400 (customizing only) --> /transport group/ to 500 and 510 --> 600 (PRD)

420 (workbench only) --> 500 (QA master) --> 600 (PRD)

I've created a project in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN and assign 2 logical system:

A --> Dev 400, QA 500, Training 510, PRD 600

B --> Dev 420, QA 500, PRD 600

I've clicked 'check' in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN --> System Landscape --> Change Management, All green and then create the task list (also unlock the groups).

I've set the training client as 'Target system' in SMSY --> Logical component --> system roles

When I go with the workflow ( create change request and the change document ), I managed to create TRs and release them. But when I set the action to 'to be tested', the TR from 400 only transported to 500 (QA) but not to 510 (training).

I can still continue to transport to PRD (continue the change document workflow) but I can't transport customizing object to 500 and 510 at a time.

I've also tried the use 3 logical component:

A --> Dev 400, QA 500, PRD 600

B --> Dev 420, QA 500, PRD 600

C --> Dev 400, QA 510, PRD 600 (i've tried both with PRD 600 and without)

And create new project, still can't transport to 500 and 510 at a time. I've also tried using other systems ( 510 as demo, evaluation ) but still no work.

Please advise to solve this multiple client transport using SolMan ChaRM.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Carroll M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carroll,

You have a transport group for 500 & 510, correct?

You also need a logical component with both systems included.

Is the transport ready for import into 510? do you see it in the import queue for 510?

Or is it not even there?

If it's not available in the import queue, I would say something is wrong with the TMS Setup.

If it is available, you need to trigger the import to both systems.

Do you have a import trigger for 510 (an action or something similar)?

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Yes I create a group which has both 500 and 510 and I can see it in queue.

If I use urgent changes when I change the status to "pass to test" it will only transported to 500 (since the QA client that I define is 500) not automatically to 510. So I have to manually transport it from STMS or schedule a background job in SCMA. I think SolMan don't have feature to transport to QA and test client with 1 single status change?

Thank you.

Regards,

Carroll M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carroll,

Your configuration is completely right,.But you have to schedule the synchronization of UC and the Import of NC ,no matter on how you create the transport tracks, Logical Components and Projects.

For Normal Changes you always have to import manually. Either with a

scheduled job or with manually executing the import.

For Urgent Changes, ChaRM will always use the shortest track to the

productive system. To synchronize the UCs also in the other QAS-System,

you have to use the job, You can also schedule this job every 10 minutes, so that it's also kind of

automatically synchronized - more or less.

For this, there is a report available, which will import all urgent

changes automatically. This Report has to be scheduled for all systems,

which are part of a transport group, but not defined in ChaRM:

/TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_UC

Please have a look at the following link, as this will describe, how to

use the Report:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/de/4d/7411f48fd75d91e10000000a15822b/content.htm

But right now, there's no other possibilty. Alos please check Dolores document for reference

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-qu...

refer Q 11.

Rg,

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for your reply.

I want to make sure that I run this job in SolMan right ?

Right now I transport to test client (510) manually from SCMA in SolMan.

I try your report a few times but no work eventhough the job has finished.

I wonder if I fill the field wrong. I'm sure that "Project" means project name in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, "Client" suppose to be destintion client (which is 510?) and last "SYSTEM" is the SID?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Carol,

did you solved your problem in the meantime?

I'm facing the same problem. We have one client for workbench 001 and another one for Customizing 300.

I would like the generate a workbench transport for transport layer 001and customizing in layer 300. Great would be to work on both transports in client 300 to avoid switching back and forth.

How did you solved it?

Best regards

Henning

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since no one came to the answer, I think it is impossible to transport to QA and training client in 1 workflow?