Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC10: Role Owner not able to approve/reject roles

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have an issue where Role Owner need to approve one role and reject other roles within the same request in GRC10.

The role owner is only able to click on Submit button and whole request gets approved and also Role Owner can reject/hold the request.

Can you please advise where I can see this so that role owner can approve one role and reject another role in the same request for the user ?

FYI, I'm using the default workflow of SAP and attached are the task settings which I have checked.

Regards,

Salman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Salman ,

Same issue one of our customer also faced after they upgraded their grc system Netweaver 7.02 to 7.31

so please check my message below which i posted earlier

"please let us know the netweaver version of your GRC system . I think you are in Netweaver 7.31.

please check the  note 1805019"

please reply if you already checked all the suggestion posted above , since this thread starts flooding with same answers .

Regards

Rajendra

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

The other guys have pointed you to the correct configuration elements.

Alternatively, you can set the level to "System and role" which will also evaluate on the different systems in case a role is not selected but the solution is the same.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Salman,

Please make sure that the Task setting "Approval level"  & "Rejectinon Level " at the Stage Level (Role Owner Stage) is set as Role. I guess as of noe these are maintained as Request.

Please make the changes. Please regenrate the MSMP version, Create a new request or copy an existing request and then test the scenario.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards

Japneet Singh

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Japneet,

Thank you for your help.

I have set the task setting for "Approval level"  & "Rejectinon Level " at the Stage Level (Role Owner Stage) is Role only but it doesn't work.

FYI, I'm using only stage "GRAC_ROLEOWNER" in path GRAC_DEFAULT_PATH.

I also tried by setting approval/rejection comment madatory to both and now, I'm getting error while rejecting/submit as "Enter notes for approval/rejection" Where do I need to enter the comments as I'm not able to locate those sections in the Role Owner screen.

Basically, Same Role Owner should be able to approve Role A and reject Role B within the same request.

Please advise if I need to select anything else ?

Regards,

Salman

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me in resolving this issue please ?

Regards,

Salman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Have you generated new version after changing stage level seting . Also you will have to create new

request to see the changes .

Best Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman

Submit button is for approving the complete request.There are another 2 buttons on the top next to simulation for Approve and Rejection of Roles.Try using those 2 buttons and see if it works.

Once you Approve and Reject the 2 roles you need to click on Submit button and check if it really ads only 1 role to the user.

Regards

Pradeep

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Amanjit!

I did generated new version and raised new request but still facing the same issue.

I checked the task setting to "All Approvers" too but still not able to locate the option where it shows "Roles" and approval/rejection on Roles rather than complete request.

Configuration parameter 3022 "Request Type for Role Approval" is setted to '21' (Attached screen)

Please see the attached screen and help me where I can locate the tab for approve/reject just Role A and Role B in the attached role owner screen.

Basically, The role owner must see the complete form where it shows the User Access and User details for approving/rejecting roles and performing risk analysis which I can't locate in the role owner page (attached screenshot)

Appreciate your time.

Regards,

Salman

Message was edited by: Salman Khan

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Regards,

Salman

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I can't locate the simulation or 2 buttons. I can see the buttons for Submit, other actions, close, Refresh.

Attached the screenshot.

Appreciate your help!

-Salman

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Regards,

Salman

0 Kudos

Hello Salman ,

please let us know the netweaver version of your GRC system . I think you are in Netweaver 7.31.

please check the below note

Regards

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MSMP Workflow configuration -> then go to Maintain Paths -> Select the associated path -> select the role owner stage -> click on Modify Task Settings -> save your settings and generate new version.

Please compare your Role Owner's stage Modify Task Settings with the attached screen 1, and focus on highlighted areas.

Regards,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Please make sure that the Task setting "Approval level"  & "Rejection Level " at the Stage Level (Role Owner Stage) is set as Role.

This change has to be done in MSMP workflow screen.

Please make the changes. Please regenerate the MSMP version, Create a new request to test.

In the request, Please select role 1 and see action dropdown select it as Rejected and other as approved.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Kailash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman

You completely missing the point I was making.Check the screenshot attached below .

Please let me know if you get this option.

Regards

Pradeep

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As mentioned by Venugopal please follow that.

i can see you do not see any details in your request.

please check your browser compatibility seems issue with your browser.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman

Please mark this options shown below in the screenshot which will enable the Approve/Reject for each roles and will help the role owner to Approve/Reject each role

Hope this will help you.

Please let us know how it went.

Regards

Pradeep