cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Invoice not creating in VF04 for specific customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Our client is facing problem when creating invoice in vf04 for a specific customer, this is happening since this specific customer is created, they are not able to create automatically but they can create it manually using vf01

Also they are using variant in creating in vf04, please help us in solving this issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Are you using a custom IDOC or FM for creating the Invoice Output? I recently came across a scenario where in the delivery document was throwing out update error.The issue was due to a bug in the custom FM being used for the delivery.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing. Does the same update error happen when you process the Billing document online (VF01) ?

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have simulated the same data in the quality, i am getting following error, but please guide me how to see the error and the dump

Group 10000064675

Err 3

Thanks in advance

Naveen

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to Transaction ST22 to see dump.

IN ST22 you will find dump against your user ID and time period.

You will find SAP dump analysis there.

There can be many reason like multiple printout from invoice not allowed or any program error etc.

To analyse and understand cause of dump you need to take help of ABAPER.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj

Thanks, but we have already checked the dump in ST22, but there were nothing in that, and in production after the error message which i have mentioned above we are getting the error screen

Express document "update was terminated' where we can see the dump in production

but in quality we are only getting the error message which i have mentioned in my earlier post. so as per to my ABAP he told he can only debug if they get any dump in ST22 in quality

is there any thing else where we can see the dump or get the same express document error here

Thanks

Naveen

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have simulated the same data in the quality, i am getting following error, but please guide me how to see the error and the dump

Group 10000064675

Err 3

Whatever you got above Error is not standard  SAP error why because in Standard ,SAP has provided mostly Error and its message with explanation .You need to convince the ABAPer to look into Error as where is is exactly coming .

Check in SM14 ( click on " All update Requests ) and see .It seems you are on so interest on this why because as SD guy doesnt have authorizations for T.Codes in ABAPer Module .Any way ,you came here with one problem with subject and middle of time took 2 problems .  Have you created Billing for that Specific customer thru VF04  before ? .If yes look into those before created or no then look into Variant details and whatever you have provided transactional level details .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Naveen,

• If you are getting error "Express document "update was terminated" received from author XXX"  in Q06 then in ST22 there should be dump. Please check below screen shot

• In case there is no dump then  check your sap inbox using Tcode: SBWP and see what message is there. Check screen shot:
  • Let me know in case there is any further query.
  • Regards
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren

This is the problem from the first i mean ever since this customer is created, but the user is able to invoice through vf01.

Earlier i thought its the problem with the batch job, but later on i came to know that this is being generated manually.

so i tried doing it so in quality but i did not get the dump as same in production, i only got the error message

Thanks

Naveen

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

So,finally ,you had two problems one is in QLT and another is in PRD. It seems both problems are different .If you want any help let me know in this .If you find out solution for this then please share here   .

Thanks,

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes i need your help to find the dump, let me know if any other option get a dump

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the solutions,

Now i got to know one more thing that, in VF04 user generates invoices manually, when the user tried to genearate manually, it got the following error and invoice does not created or printed

Express document "update was terminated" received from author XXX

please give ur thoughts on this

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if you have entries in tcode ST22 (dumps) and SM13. Check also tcode SM21

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi naveen,

above message looks like an output update termination error. try to created the invoice with your user id (if it is in production and ur id doesn't have access take the id which has access) and immediately got to SM13 transaction to analyze the  update termination error.

then follow below instructions...

1. when you run SM13, select the concerned update request and click on update modules icon on the top

2. select the error line and click on display update data

3.select NAST line and double click...you will come to know which output has issue

then you can check the relevant parameters(whether they are assigned to the output as per allowed output config) to find the route cause of the error.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the termination you have to check in SM13.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Since for a particular customer you are not able to process the billing document through due list, Please give a look on below some points along with the suggestions had already received from others:

• Check that customer in question is not blocked for billing (XD05)
  • Check billing calender assigned to the customer
  • Also check the variant.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Atul

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see these notes

SAP Note 23154 - VF04 SAPMV60S: Tuning > Checklist + Notes

SAP Note 17498 - Display variant for billing due list

and related notes

Check if you set any customer requirement (VOFM) in the copy rules (see Note 327220 - VOFM function and its objects for further information)

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check variant of your Batch Job first.

Do you use Billing calendar for that Payer?.

You can check this in Invoicing Dates field in Billing document tab of customer master.

If there is any calendar assigned in that field and your Batch Job date is not matching with calendar, system will not create invoice.

Check and advice

Regards

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Parameters of the variant might not be matching with the parameters of delivery or order. Check the parameters of the variant.

If you have any issue with batch job creation of invoice same will reflect during the manual creation. As you are not getting any error during manual creation of invoice problem must be with Variant parameters.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If there are using Variant ,you need to focus on Variant level .Might ,some would have changed settings .

Thanks,

Naren