cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load data in 2 languages into IDM store?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would be grateful if somebody could provide me information how to get data from HCM into IDM in two different languages at one time.

I load data from HCM into "SAP Master" Identity store via VDS. To upload data I use program RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM.

One of fields which I have to get from HCM is P0001-TEXT_P0001_PLANS (position name).

In IDM I have 2 repositories where data from HCM has to be provisioned.

In 1 repository I need to load user Position (MX_FS_POSITION) in Ukrainian language, but in second repository I need to provision Position(MX_FS_POSITION) in English language.

But  RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM can provide data only in 1 language: depends on codepage on client side logon language.

How can I do such artifice: have data in both languages for position name?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt that the standard supports that. Maybe you need load the position codes and texts from HCM to custom table in IdM and perform a language+position code based look up to the table in the step that writes the data forward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tero Virta,

thanks for answer!

Are there any methods to get data from HCM and put it to IDM tables (without VDS), if I do not have direct access to SAP DB and do not have SAP PI ?

I do not take into account possibility to load this data manually and only once (via Upload/Download throw my PC), because HR Org structure is live and changeable.

Thanks in advance,

Natalia.

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can read a table contents in AS ABAP to IdM.

Here's an example of the source tab, so table name (make sure that you have access rights in HCM for your interface user) and column names separated with pipe. It'll read the full contents of the table.

Destination tab like any pass that writes to table:

(the example itself is from old IdM 7.0 project where we needed more control to what was picked up from HCM than the SAPQuery provided)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tera Virta,

thanks a lot for help!

It's exactly what I need!

Best regards,

Natalia.

Answers (0)