cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated points

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember in the past I noticed SCN points being applied to my SCN points total in batches retropsectively over the year for various activities

Are some SCN points are updated monthly/quarterly retrospectively ? - for what acitivites ? - is this only for Blog/Document/Wiki creation/editing ?  and when are these applied over the year - what dates or timescales ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

We had quarterly upload of points for wiki creation and wiki edits before. That was only till last year. After that there was mass upload of of points for wikis in the backend by space editors. This was there till last month, April 2013.

Now there is no monthly/quarterly update/upload of points. Everything happens realtime, be it for wiki creation, wiki edits. Now whenever you earn points through Blog/Document/Wiki creation, you can see at that time itself. And if you get points by participating in the discussions, that also will be reflected under the reputation tab histoy of your profile.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Leon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Stuart!

There are no additional (manual) points to WIKI Pages anymore. All points are granted automatically.

This blog will give you more information on the current WIKI Point Assignment process. It was changed since the gamification go-live in order to better align with the other contributions (discussions, documents, blogs, etc.)

https://community.wdf.sap.corp/community/primary_support/blog/2013/05/01/important-change-on-scn-wik...

You can follow the Primary Support Community to be aware of these changes as soon as they happen.

You can find more information in the KM WIKI as well.

Feel free to contact me in case you have any doubts.

Best regards,

Wilian Segatto

AGS WIKI Process Owner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

During the launch of gamification a month ago on SCN, we migrated all the points from the old system and they are showing with "(import)" in your point history. That's a one-time thing. I'm not aware of any monthly/quarterly retrospectively points update. Points are assigned when contribution is made/missions are completed. Please refer to http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-18475 regarding when and how many points are given.

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stuart,

Points are automatically given on SCN when you contribute and receive feedback, complete missions, etc.

In addition we may give you additional points for participating in other activites: speaking at events, filling out the survey, doing something exceptional that gets you a special badge and points, etc.

We don't really have a schedule for these, we just handle as needed.

I hope this helps,

Laure