cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Iview for Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to WebDynPro.I have created a Hello World Application in WebDynpro using Netweaver Developer studio.This Dynpro application has been deployed on SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP9.I am able to see this application in Portal when I go to Content Administration -> Web Dynpro.

The problem is , how do I create an IView out of this web dyn pro application.When I try creating a WebDynpro IView it asks for a system name , Do I need to create a system in Portal for Portal ? If yes then what could be the WAS settings ?

Also I want to know , that is the right approach that I am following to create WebDynPro IViews.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

yes, you need to create one system and corresponding alias for a WD iView. This system will define the system name where the WD application is running, it may be the same J2EE system where your portal is running, but still you have to create the system. In the iView property mention the system name and WD application name properly. Follow the Tutorial RK has suggested step by step. There should not be any problem.

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

The tutorial for running a WebDynpro application in portal is present in Help menu of NDS

Help->SAP WebAS documentation->SAP WebDynpro Applications->Tutorials->Special

Please refer this and revert back for further clarification

Regards

Leena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you to blindly to follow this tutorial

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/unkown/web dynpro tutorial and sample applications.faq#q-19

<b>How to integrate Web Dynpro applications into the SAP Enterprise Portal?</b>

Hope this solves your problem

Regards,

RK