Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap between two different item categories in sales orders for sub-contracting

majusko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

my requirement is to have the ability to swap between two different item categories for sales orders for sub-contracting.

This should be controlled by a combination of the material and a value maintained the Usage field in the Customer Material Info Record (for example by entering a ‘V’).  A combination of Sales Doc Type, Item Cat Group and Usage should result in the creation of a purchase requisition.

In the event that a process order is required instead of a purchase requisition (i.e. the product is to be manufactured in-house instead of sub-contracted) the user must have the ability to change the Item Category within the sales order to produce a process order.

The user would just change the item category within the sales order, and the system would automatically remove the purchase requisition assigned to the SO, and create a process order and assign it to the SO.

Can you suggest any possible solution?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i understood, you want to change the Item category of the Line item in the sales order once PR has been triggered for it

Unfortunately this will not possible to change the item category, once PR is triggered for the item, the item will be greyed out and you cannot make any changes further

Even if you try with any user exist, system will throw error i believe stating PR assigned for this item is still open

User will have option to change the item till he save the sales order, he cannot make changes once he saves it

regards,

santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First reject PR, then change item cat.

If user wants auto, have a customized program/tcode to ask user input on SO and to be item cat, then program do the work of rejecting PR, then change Item cat.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Majlo,

In my system, I checked.  First created sales order with third party line item and then changed item category to normal item category.

Till Purchase order not created, I can change Item category of my sales order line item.

In this case SAP inform by log and once save delete purchase requisition of that line item .

For this you need to assign another item category as an manual item category in SPRO Item category assignment.

After this user can manually change item category to other one manually, if PO do not exist.

Please let me know if your query is different.

Regards