cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re ABAP sync service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In M/W server MI Web Console 2.5 SP 18 Patch 01.I am using MI client SP 18.I want to know what configurational changes I have make on both M/W server and on the client side to use ABAP sync service instead of JAVA service.

Especially on the client side it is given as the 2 params in <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/5f42ed3c046e47e10000000a422035/content.htm">Parameters for Synchronization Using the Synchronization Service</a>

MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Service

MI.Sync.ProtocolVersion

Is it sufficient to add these 2 entries in the mobileEngine.config file? If any other entries are to be made, Kindly provide the entries and their values.

Thanks in Advance.

Veerabhadram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veerabhadram

There are basically two configurations to be done one on server and other on client.

A. On the server, you need to activate the services used for ABAP Sync Service.

In order to activate ABAP Sync Service, you have to activate both mi_host and mi_service in the middleware. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Execute transaction SICF in the middleware.

2. Enter MJC in the Service Name text box and click Execute. This will lead you to the path default_host/sap/bc/MJC.

3. Under this, you will find the mi_host and mi_service. Right click the on mi_host, and click on the Activate button. Also right click on mi_service and click on Activate button. This will activate both the services.

Once the three steps is completed, click on Test Service and you will be asked a windows prompt to enter your middleware user name and password for authentication. Once you are authenticated, a text MISYNC along with some XML parse errors will be displayed in your browser. Ignore the XML error and what is important is the text MISYNC being displayed in the browser.

Also there are different Procedures of Logon Dypes for each service. Once you double click on mi_host and go to Logon Data tab and choose the Procedure as Standard. For mi_service, in the same tab you need to choose Required with Logon Data and then provide a service user name(probably MI_SERVICE) and password in this tab. I request you to refer the MI Installation Guide or http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/4f/0fb1421f4ec911e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm for more details on this configuration. Now ABAP Sync Service is configured.

B. On the client the two parameters mentioned by you are just sufficient to connect to ABAP Sync Service.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,Sivakumar,

Thank you very much for your quick replies.For curiosity sake I have the doubt.

What does this entry mean.

MI.Sync.ProtocolVersion=251500

Does it mean that the latest sync version is 251500. Will it change? I mean even though the SP version of client is SP18 this value is still 251500?

Thank you once again.

Veerabhadram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veerabhadram,

This protocol version does not change with the SP version. The synchronization protocol between the MI client & middlware before SP15 was different, so to identify that it is the new protocol, we say that the protocol version is 251500.

Yes, even if the SP version is SP18, the protocol version still remains 251500.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veer,

There are basically just two configurations to be done on the client MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Service=/sap/bc/MJC/mi_host

MI.Sync.ProtocolVersion=251500

In the middleware you have to activate both the mi_host and mi_service in the SICF transactions. The documentation for this can be found in the MI installation guide(New Technology).

Regards,

Rahul