cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create SD Invoice of pallets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus.

We need to create SD invoice of normal product and the pallets also.

Example:   Normal Product number: 201304

Pallet product number:   502026

We need to create  sales order  with position 10 - product 201304   Qnty   5000 Kgs

and position 20 - product 201304 qnty 5 PAL

There are some option or position type to create position 20 automatically ???

NOTE: We can't create material BOM because the product 201304 sometimes is served with one pallets type and sometimes with other.

Regards.

Ismael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's much more than just "create an invoice". What is the purpose of the second line? Do you track this material in the warehouse? What financial posting needs to happen for this line?

I'd also suggest to look at the returnable packaging or maybe even HU, but one would need to understand the full process / requirements to answer intelligently. Maintaining different units of measure indeed won't result in two separate lines.

Also have you searched SCN for other options than BOM? I believe the same scenario has been mentioned before, although don't recall a solution, unfortunately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The second line must be picked in the same time that first line, must be proportional quantity that first line ( if 2000 Kgs in first line and 1 pallet = 500 Kgs , second line must be 4 PAL ).

We must to do an invoice with 2 lines and the second line must be returned by customer.

I think is too difficult to make this scenary.

Regards.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is not big tough scenario . If  you maintain two Unit of Measurements then you can achieve this .

I donno ,what and how exactly ,you are trying in your system ? Actually ,If we have two unit of measurements in MM01 then system will take one Unit of measurement for first line item automatically and second also ,it will take but you need to manually change that unit of measurement in second line item level in VA01.

Check hereby attached screen shot .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

In the screen shot lines 10 and 20 has the same material, this isn't my scenary.

Regards,

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We need to create  sales order  with position 10 - product 201304   Qnty   5000 Kgs

and position 20 - product 201304  qnty 5 PAL

What do you mean above sentence ?

Please let me know ,what is the scenarios of your's clearly .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI.

I was apologized

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

It's Ok check below attached screen shot .

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case it's exactly the returnable packaging scenario and answer already given above.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

oiver_beie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael,

If I summarize your requirement correctly than you want not only to invoice the pallets in a separate invoice line but you want to book a GI for the pallets also, right?

To achieve this in standard you should use the packing funtionality in the delivery. Here you can create the packing either automatically with packing rules or manually. However, you can setup the customizing in such a way that SAP is creating a separate delivery line for the packing materials in the delivery. By booking GI for the delivery you also book GI for your pallets.

If the copy control is setup correctly from the delivery to the invoice the packing line is copied to the invoice.

I my self made this setup some 10 years ago, it consits of several steps and I'm not able to post that here in detail but I think this approach is the correct one.

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael,

I am not  clear about  your  requirement

do you want to separate invoice for two separate product e.g 1) main materiel 2) Pallate

if  yes ,then  you can opt for  following  solution

Assuming  you are using  two different product for your requirement. Also  you  are maintaining with different unit of measurement. Then  for this requirement you can add main material along with  packaging material ( in your case it is pallate) by item category determination rule e.g higher level item or usage.

you can  separate invoice by Item category (PSTYV)by writing new routine in copy control in VBRK-VBRP feild  in T-code VTFL OR VTFA depending  upon your OTC cycle

Regards,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

its easy maintain sales unit

Normal Product number: 201304   in kgs in Material master record

And maintain          sales units

product number:   502026 in pallets in material master record if they are not the same material

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First maintain alternate unit of measurement as everyone suggested to sell main product in pallets.

To charge for pallets,

1) One option is You can include separate condition type for pallets in your pricing procedure & maintain condition records for key combination material/packing or as required.

2) Other option is to use returnable packaging functionality in SAP. Create master record for pallets using item category LEIH and If the customer decides to keep the returnable packaging materials, then enter the transaction in your system with order type LN (issue order). LNN is relevant for billing and you can use new pricing procedure to charge customer for packaging materials in LN.

When the customer wants to return the packaging materials, you can use order type LA, item category LAN is not relevant for billing and post goods receipt.

Karuna

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if the returnable packaging is suitable for your requirements. See this print file by SAP (SD-SLS) for pages 227 to 233 in this link: http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/SDSLS/SDSLS.pdf

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes,you can achieve this in Standard SAP .You need to maintain Two Unit of Measurements in Material Master Data ( T.Code:MM01 )in the Tab " Additional Tab " and try to create Sales Order with two Unit of measurements .

You need to manually change the 20 Line Item Unit of measurement in VA01.

Note : I have created also .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for your answer.

The 'Additional tab' you explain is in the Basic Data view??? Button "Additionals".

Regards

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please have a look into below screen shots .

After clicking on that ,go to " Unit of Measure Tab "and maintain there .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

Thanks.

But, with this solution, where I Put the pallet Product 502026 ???

Sorry, I put an error in my question:

I Need this:

Position 10 with product  201304 5000 Kgs

Position 20 with product 502026   5 PAL

Regards

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Position 10 with product  201304 5000 Kgs

Position 20 with product 502026   5 PAL

Maintain these two Unit of Measurements in Additional Tab in MM01 or MM02  and go to VA01 ,you will automatically get First unit of Measurement when you enter first Line Item 10 and enter 20 line item and change manually unit of measurement for 20 line item .

First Unit of measurement is KG's  and Second unit of measurement is PAL .

Thanks,

Naren

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

As Narendra suggested set alternative UOM in Material master to get conversion.

If you want sales unit automatically flow in sales order you can do below settings:

For getting automatically SAP has option to set Sales UOM in Material Master . In this case for material if you want to default Sales UOM differently than base you can set.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

But line 20 with product 502026???....

Regards...

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

But line 20 with product 502026???....

What do you mean by that Sentence ?

Note : Pleases share the screen shot of  " Addition Data " .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

You say, I must create two units of measurement of product 201304. Create order with line 10 in Kgs and line 20 in PAL.....my question is: and the product 502026 ( Pallet )....Where I Put this??

regards.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In Sales Order ,under Sales Tab in Line Item 20 ,you can see Field  Un ( Unit of measurement ) beside of Storage Location ,here you need to maintain it .

Thanks,

Naren

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check whether you have Maintained alternative Unit for the same maerial in the msater.

shiva