cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to multiple IDOCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to set up the following activity. Can any of you please help me out.

File to IDoc Mappings

It is likely the names below will be used, except where for the beginning of the name (Z???). All of the below message types are built on the basic IDoc type ZSSV_GENERIC_IDOC.

There are some fields that will be required to be mapped inbound to SAP, that will not be contained in the input file from AMES. These fields will be required in XI to have something mapped to them. In other tests, I have used constants to map these fields. These fields for the ZSSV_GENERIC_IDOC basic IDoc type are:

ZSSV_GENERIC_IDOC

IDOC

BEGIN (only field under IDOC) = ?

EDI_DC40 (only listing required fields below, there are others)

SEGMENT = ?

TABNAM (table name) = ?

DIRECT (direction) = ?

IDOCTYP (IDoc type) = ?

MESTYP (message type) = ?

SNDPOR (sender port) = ?

SNDPRT (sender partner type) = ?

SNDPRN (sender partner number) = ?

RCVPOR (receiver port) = ?

RCVPRN (receiver partner number) = ?

Z1SSV_ITEMS_SUMMARY

SEGMENT = ? use counter starting at 1 in XI

Z1SSV_ITEMS

SEGMENT = ? use counter starting at 2 in XI

BLOB (this is talked about below and will be from the input file)

For the fields listed above, I have entered examples of what they have been set to in other mappings.

BEGIN – ?

SEGMENT (EDI_DC40) – ?

TABNAME – EDI_DC40

DIRECT – 02 (this represents inbound to SAP, 01 is outbound)

IDOCTYP – ZSSV_GENERIC_IDOC

MESTYP – This will be based on the incoming message types that are used, see list below.

SNDPOR – AMES (this would need to be what is defined in SAP as a logical system to use this)

SNDPRT – LS (this represents Logical System)

SNDPRN – AMES (this could be the same as SNDPOR)

RCVPOR – This will be based on C, Q, and P systems (SAPCAC, SAPQAC, and SAPPAC)

RCVPRN – This will be based on C, Q, and P systems, same as RCVPOR

SEGMENT (Z1SSV_ITEMS_SUMMARY) –?

SEGMENT (Z1SSV_ITEMS) –?

Z???_AMES2_COMP_SERIAL_UPD

Z1SSV_ITEMS_SUMMARY -This will not be used inbound to SAP

Z1SSV_ITEMS

There can be 1 to many entries for this segment and it contains only one field, BLOB. The data for this field will be copied directly from the file that is sent from AMES. Each line in the input file will be written to Z1SSV_ITEMS. If this input file contains 5 lines, we will write to 5 Z1SSV_ITEMS entries, each will have its own BLOB field. Whatever is in the file on each line will be written in each BLOB field. There will be no transformations or mappings on this data. In this example, the final IDOC for this file would have 1 blank entry for Z1SSV_ITEMS_SUMMARY and 5 Z1SSV_ITEMS entries, each with one BLOB.

Z???_AMES2_DELIVERY

Z1SSV_ITEMS

There can be 1 to many entries for this segment and it contains only one field, BLOB. The data for this field will be copied directly from the file that is sent from AMES. Each line in the input file will be written to Z1SSV_ITEMS. If this input file contains 5 lines, we will write to 5 Z1SSV_ITEMS entries, each will have its own BLOB field. Whatever is in the file on each line will be written in each BLOB field. There will be no transformations or mappings on this data. In this example, the final IDOC for this file would have 1 blank entry for Z1SSV_ITEMS_SUMMARY and 5 Z1SSV_ITEMS entries, each with one BLOB.

Z???_AMES2_PRODORD_CONF

Z1SSV_ITEMS

Z???_AMES2_QNOTE

Z1SSV_ITEMS

Z???_AMES2_REMORD_CONF

Z1SSV_ITEMS

Z???_AMES2_TRANSORD

Z1SSV_ITEMS

Z???_AMES2_TRKNUMERRORS

Z1SSV_ITEMS

Thanks and Regards,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to popoulate the IDoc Conteol Record EDI_DC40. Disable this Segment in your mapping in the grpahical mapping edtory.

The values for the Idoc control record will be filled directly in the runtime from the SLD.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bhavesh,

I am aware of disabling the segment with graphical editor.

What i would like to know is how the single file can be mapped with Multiple Idocs as per the mentioned input.

Please let me know if there are any weblogs for the same

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

manoj,

we can do it use IDOC Bundling trcik in XI . export our IDOC and makethe idoc occurance 1to unbounded from 1 to 1 .

See the blogfrom michal which does the same

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

>>What i would like to know is how the single file can be mapped with Multiple Idocs as per the mentioned input

I guess you need to post several IDOCs (Different Message Types). If that is your requirement, you have to go for a BPM and use a transformation step to achieve this. Do a multi mapping here in the transformation step.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do either what Jai Shankar has mentioned (using a BPM )or you can use multiple mapping programs with multiple inbound interfaces and thereby avoid a BPM altogether.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

<i>What i would like to know is how the single file can be mapped with Multiple Idocs as per the mentioned input.</i> - For your this scenario, its better to avoid BPM....what you can do is have a sender file adapter to send the file....in msg mapping add your idocs and change their occurance in msg tab.....do similar thing for interface mapping....then in ID in receiver determination, do a conditional receiver determination - if you have multiple receivers for your idocs or for a reciever add all your IDOCs here........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Manoj,

File to multiple Idocs -- can be done using Mess Split without BPM.....

Do the following:

<b>export the idoc xsd to ur machine ..

change the occurance of node <Idoc> to 0..unbounded...

Import the xsd directly on the target message side in Message mapping...</b>

You are done.....

Thanks,

Himadri