cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt about idoc meta data

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi this is seshagiri. i have one doubt while in sending idoc to xi server in the idoc to file scenario, can we do with out configuring metadata in idx2.

if can we do means wat is the procedure.

please clarify me

thans & regards

giri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need not create the IDOC metadata.XI is automatically take care of creation of metadata.Go to IDX2 transaction and check your IDOC metadata.

Check this link....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8a/b8b13bb3ace769e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

my doubt abt metadata has been cleared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

Meta Data structure is loadedd automatically ... we can check this thru IDX2..

One more thing Seshu...

Did you remember these guys ..

SURENDRA,VASANTH, ANIL..from HYD...

I think You did your MS at Germany if i'm not wrong....

If you don't mind you can send a mail about yourself..

vasanthkumar27@sunguru.com

regds,

vasanth.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sesha,

1) Create IDX1 entry

2) Go to IDX2. There you will able to see the port created in IDX1 under Loaded Metadata Menu.

3) Under that you will be having Idoc Types and now create the entry in IDX2.

4) While creating IDX2 entry after giving Idoc type etc, you need to give the source port . In this section, give the entry of IDX1 details

U may also refer to this

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

As pointed by Sekhar, we need not load the IDOC metadata manually. The firsts time you run the interface the IDOC metadata automatically gets loaded.

Now if your question is when do we need to actually load the IDOC metadata, imagine you are using a custom IDOC. After running the interface a couple of times, you decide that you need some changes in the custom IDCO created, now you will have to go to IDX2 and delete the existing metadata and load the new IDOC metadata.

I hope this was clear.

Regards,

Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy

actually my doubt is that with out idx2 can we do the scenario and wil run successfully or not

thanks

giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You cannot execute the scenario without having IDOC metadata.because IDoc (Intermediate Document) metadata comprises structures that are required by the IDoc adapter to convert these IDocs to IDoc XML format in the runtime.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

I thought my previous reply had clearly answered your question and if your question was the need of IDX2, then i guess Shekar has put it across well....

Also just adding on... I dint understand what u meant by without IDX2, at any cost u will have to create the port in IDX1, this automatically gets reflected in IDX2... So if your using a standard IDOC, dont worry about IDX2 as it will be automatically load the IDOC metadata under ur port there, but in case ur using a custom IDOC... every time u make a change to the IDOC u need to go and actually reload the IDOC metadata in IDX2...

Regards,

Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Giri,

Yes we can do without it.it iwll run sucessfull

you dont require to configureIDX2 . by defaultXI when runs getthe meta data from R/3 system.

letme know if still have any docubts

regards

sreeram.G.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sesha giri,

If you are dealing with Idoc to File Scenario...you need to create

1) RFC Destination in R/3 pointing to XI.

2) Ports in R/3.

3) PartnerProfiles

we need to send idoc from R/3...so we have to do ALE configuration.

Please see the below link for more details.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Hope I am clear.

Please let me know if you have any queries...!

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu