cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing before create delivery

0 Kudos

Hi,ALL,

I have meet with a very special requirement at delivery process from my project.

SAP SD standard packing solution about outbound delivery need we create the delivery first and then do packing business which means creating handing unit  in the delivery.

But I can not create the handing unit and then ceate HU delivery. My delivery is created from project system(PS) not sales order.

Because of the characteristic of huge project, logistic department can not do the delivery business when the materials have not been packed. The delivery plan is done by the packed materials. And the delivery will be entered when the done packed materials have been picked up by transportation department.

Maybe somebody will say that we need to change the process.I am sorry to let you learn that it is a reasonable requirement from customer!

If we just use the SAP stardard solution, we will meet several problem.

We can look the delivery as packing plan and do one packing business in one delivery.

While the real delivery business starts, one delivery stands as one HU and post issue several deliveries after picking up business.

But I want to know wether there is a better solution or we can just develop a platform independently.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Alex Ding

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I request you ,please have a look into Rajendra Prasad Post .He has explained very well .This requirement has accomplished by Sales Order itself by clicking on " Extras Tab under " in Packing Proposals " in VA01.

Note : I am not sure at least this way ,you can satisfy or not .

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

I have got my questions done.But the way I test is not very convenient for the end user in my eyes!

The testing environment is SAP IDES System.

Step 1: Creating one handing unit without reference to any document.

T-code:HU02

Notes: We have to choose the testing value!

Step 2: Display of Hus

T-code: HU03

Step 3: Creating one delivery and select the handing units to be delivered.

T-code: VL01N/CNS0 /VL02N

NOTES: the testing delivery is created from sales order just like reference to PS. We can not create delivery without material and choose HUs!

Thank You very much!

Alex Ding

Shanghai China

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Could you please share small thing ,How you got that Number when you saved Doc in HU02 ?

Note : Have you maintained any setting to get that ?

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Dear,

The number is handing unit number when you enter the packing material the number will comes up.

There is no any setting to get it.

Best Regards,

Alex Ding

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mentioned it's a big project, then automate the function with scanning the HU number on box/palette via RF.  You can review some of the LM* transactions.

Regards

Waza

Shanghai, China

0 Kudos

Hi Waza,

Thanks for your reply.

Would you mind  what is the LM* transactions means?

And Can I choose the HU number to create a delivery?

Best Regards,

Alex Ding

Shanghai China

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try LM00, these LM* transaction are used on a RF console for example.  And it can make the whole process more simpler for you. But it all depends on whether your WM are actually doing the process.  My clients in China, it seems that much of the process is done by the CS team.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

when you creat the handling unit and save it the system gives you the number.

if you want to search the number of handling unit created by your user you can use HU03 and type your user name there:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yang,

Using Handling unit, to create packing very best way and easy steps. As per my exp, you can use one HU no. with similar product.

Regards

Sanjeet Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi, Mozhgan,

Thanks for your reply!

It's helpful for me to find out the right way to do my business by using SAP handing unit.

But as I said above, It is not convenient for us. Beacause we have chosen the materials and packed it before delivery create.

When I created I just want to choose the right handing unit only. But I need to choose details material packed already in handing unit.

We need develop a platform to realized it.

Do you agree with me?

Thanks again!

Alex Ding

Shanghai China

0 Kudos

Hello Waza,

I am sorry that I reply you so late. The requirement above is a chinese client's.And it is reasonable I think.

But our client has not using WM yet.

Don't I use the LM* transacions without WM?

Happy to communicate with you!

Best wishes!

Alex Ding

Shanghai China

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not used LM without WM.  But I have used a simple hand held scanner and then used a BAPI to do the posting in SAP.  You could this where someone scans the HU SSCC code and has the transaction for HU Z program in SAP and from there is does all the nornal processing as you require.

Note for my previous client it was just used for delivery and goods receipting.

Regards

Waza

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the T-code HU02, and pack your materials,you can print your packing list,then your delivery from project can be created and you can assing handling unit to that.

this will help full to u

Regards,

Atiq

0 Kudos

Hi Atiq,

Thank you for your reply!

And I have post the detail infomation as you said. But I think you r helpfull for me.

Best Regards,

Alex Ding

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

But I can not create the handing unit and then create HU delivery. My delivery is created from project system(PS) not sales order.

I like your requirement and way of explanation with pictorial representation .Now ,coming to the point is Before creating Delivery ,we cant have Packaging Materials .Once you enter the Main Materiel in Delivery then only we can do Packing for that Materials . Without Main Materials (Before creating Delivery ) ,How can we use the Packaging Materials ( For what,we need to use ) ?.Even ,if you are going to create a Delivery from PS side ,I dont think ,it is possible or not.

Mozhgan Shabani,

Based on this requirement ,have you ever used HU02 Transaction If yes ,what is the requirement ?How you have accomplished ?

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Happy to learn the you are interested in my question. And To improve the quality of communication ,I   try my best to explain the question and requirement clearly.

I have tested the standard HU02 transaction.But the handing unit I created can not be assgined to delivery.Maybe I have not understanded some fields in HU02 transaction which will influence to delivery process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can  use HU02 for this purpose. meaning that first you create a non-assigned handling unit with the packing materials and other materials and there is no need to have inventory to do that. after that you create delivery from project and you save it. then you assign your handling unit in VL02N to the delivery created from project.

Please let me know if it works for you .

Best Regards,

Mozhgan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can it be handled by using packing proposals in sales order ?  Just I m quoting text from help document:

<Moderator Remarks: Text removed. Plagiarism strictly not allowed. It is better, if your share the link, instead of impersonation of content. Content Copied from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/65/79f328a70111d2b44e006094b9b9dd/content.htm Please review and adhere SCN Rules of Engagement.>

rajendra

Message was edited by Moderator

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have created Handling Units in HU02  with Packing Materials and Main Materials also but important thing is I didnt get any thing when I saved that document except as " Handling Units Saved " Message .

Mozhgan Shabani,

Could you please ,can you share some screen shorts on this as how you have accomplished .

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Moderator,

Thank you for your reply.

I have learned the stardard solution about packing proposals in sales order.But my requiement is base on project system (PS).

And my delivery is created from project.

The sales order is used to handle billing plan. There is no material which is to be delivered in Project sales order.

So the packing proposals in sales order can not help me.

Best Regards,

Alex Ding

Shanghai China

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I dont know if i have got your point or not, please correct me if I am wrong.

If you need to creat your handling units before delivery from project, so why dont you use transaction HU02(for creating non assigned handling unis)  and pack your materials. you can aslo print your packing list there. after that your delivery from project can be created and you can assign handling units to it.

Please let me know if you case is something else.

Regards,

Mozhgan

0 Kudos

Hello Mozhgan Shabani,

Thank you for your helpful reply!

You have got the question's point correctly!

Here is three questions I do not know how to get the process done by your solution.

Question about Creating handing units:

1. Can I create handing units including Project stock  material (Special Stock:Q)?

Questions about creating delivery:

1. And can I create a delivery without reference project system with project stock material (Special Stock:Q)?
  2. Can I just create the delivery without any material and the materials come after assigning handing unit to this delivery?

Question about assignment:

1. How to assign handing units to the delivery?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Alex Ding

Shanghai China

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I really Appreciating you as way of Questions also ( Especially last Query is IMP ) .

Question about Creating handing units:

1. Can I create handing units including Project stock  material (Special Stock:Q)?

No,You can create Handling Units with Special Stock .Handling Units always as Non Valuated ( Up to me saying )

Questions about creating delivery:

1. can I create a delivery without reference project system with project stock material (Special Stock:Q)?

Donno.

1. Can I just create the delivery without any material and the materials come after assigning handing unit to this delivery?

Not at all Possible without Materials to create a Delivery .

Question about assignment:

1. How to assign handing units to the delivery?

This is very IMP thing why because when you saved HU02 Document ,I didnt get any thing .So ,how to process ?

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

I saw your sceernshots those are exactly what i meant.

about your questions:

Creating Handling unit:

1- you dont need to use project stock when creating handling units in HU02. cuase they are non-assigned handling units. if your materials comes from your project whether they are produced in-house or procured externally, they should be reciept in the project stock(Q). when you create delivery from project the system automatically chooses project stock(Q) with movement type 281. but do not forget your warehouse should be handling unit management base.

Creating delivery:

1- it is possible to create a delivery without refrence to a project or sales order. and you have to change the customizing of the schededule line and delivery type.as far as i know you can not specify the project definition in it.  

2- you can only assign handling unit to a delivery only when the delivery contains the materials in the handling unit. so the answer is no.