cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips and Tricks about RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm in a project with many accesses to SAP through RFC and I would like help to know tips, tricks and advice about use of RFC.

APP server dedicated or reserved for the use of RFC is important?

It would be very useful the help of everyone

regards,

Lincoln

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first thing I would do is set up the incoming RFC connection to come through a dedicated login group. You might start with that group pointing at all the same instances as your main login group, but you then have the flexibility to redirect it if necessary.

This proved very helpful to us in a recent project. One of our RFC-connected systems would occasionally send some very heavy bursts of traffic. These bursts would completely overwhelm our main dialog instances and so disrupt interactive access for all users. As it happens, the response time for these RFC connections wasn't at all important so I simply redirected the incoming connection to a dedicated instance with a small number of dialog work processes. That pretty effectively throttled the load on the system from this RFC traffic, and was easy to do without touching the feeder systems at all, just by changing the definition of the logon group in SMLG.

If you have multiple systems feeding SAP via RFC you might want to use a different logon group for each for maximum flexibility. That gets unwieldy when the numbers get large, though. I have just three.

Apart from this little trick, my RFC setup is pretty straightforward.

Steve.

Answers (0)