cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile login problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have read the "Creating a customized theme for MII" white paper, and modified the XMII_CLIENTINI dabase table .  I added the following record :

Device : SonyEricssonST27
Token : SIMPLEHTML
MIMETYPE: text/html
HEADERFIELD: User-Agent
HEADERFIELDVALUE: Android

When I use that device to logon to MII using my login name which has a mobile page associated; something goes wrong .  A blank page with a HOME link appears .  I click on it and my smarth phone starts downloading something that the MII servers sends to it,  but and ERROR download message appears which does not give detaill at all.

I appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the hyperlink behind the 'Home' link you selected?

After logging in, try navigating to /XMII/PropertyAccessServlet?Mode=List to see if you are in fact logged in and the session properties match what you would expect.  I think the article also gives you a link to see the xml for your mobile user's effective home page links.

One place to look would also be the NW logs to see if you have any xsl transformation issues for the custom them or home page xsl.  It might also shed some light on the non-helpful error message you are receiving.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy,

The hyperlink behind the "home"  is http://<server>/XMII/goService.jsp

Yes, I am logged .  Using the link you provided I see a table with 2 columns ( name and value ) showing my user and rol properties .

Looking at the log,  there is no xslt transformation issues .

Please,  keep on helping us .

Thanks ,

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You didn't mention MII version and build info, but this may have been fixed (apparent redirect problem for the sniffer settings).  If you log in using IE you'll see the format, and may be able to avoid this by providing a different URL for your mobile device.  Does a fresh login to an irpt or other web page do the login and redirect?  Is this just the home page sniffer for screen size and browser info?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy and Michael

I forgot to tell you this :  with a mobile blackberry there is no problem at all .  We wanted and still want  to extend the mobile pages to other mobile phones . I guess the problem ocurrs at the XMII_CLIENTINI table entry for the sony mobile phone. 

We have a 12.2.3 MII version with a build 167 sp5 . 

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved,

There was a test instead of text in the MIMETYPE column .  Anyway,  your help was quick and precise .  Thank you both of you .

Greetings,

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting your fix.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando,

You mentioned associating a "mobile page". 

Did you associate this mobile page under the Mobile Tree tab in the Navigation Editor?

Also did you assign a supplied mobile theme like "SimpleHTMLHomePage.xsl"? If not, please elaborate. Any screenshots you can provide would help in resolving your issue.

Regards,

Mike