cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Status changes in Network Activities

0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I am trying to align the system and user status for the network activities but facing issues and need your help.

The change in the system and the user status is working fine as designed for the Network header.

but in case of Network activities: the system status gets changed to REL but the user status is on the CRTD ie created status.

Can you please help on how to syncronize the system and user status for the network activties

I am using ECC 6 and my Status profile is designed with Status with Status Numbers

Do I need to add any business transaction in the user status profile?

Thanks for your reply, points will surely be rewarded

Regards

Rutvij

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

HI Rutvij,

You can always allign the user status change with respect to System status.

Follow the procedure as below:

1) In the "allowed Object Types" Screen check the "network Activities"

2)  maintain the user status for Ex: 10 XYZ Activity- XYZ Status 10 10 1 1

3) Select the Business transaction (REL) which will set the user status XYZ in the "Transaction Control screen". Here the Business Transaction (Release) should have the field SET checked.

after this assign the status profile to "Maintain Network Types" node in the configuration of Networks.

later create a project and change the status of the network activities to rel automatically the user status that you have assigned will also change.

the same procedure you can use for other system statuses as well.

Further information feel free to revert back!

Rgds

Sudhir

0 Kudos

Thank you all for the detailed step wise explanation and process.

I have done the same setup and taken care of the above points.

For the Point 3 to have the business transaction ( REL) and have the field SET checked is done in release status. This works fine for the Network header but not for Network activities

I have already done the setup in Object types for activating network activities for status profile.

And that is where the surprise factor is why the system is not behaving for network activities as designed

The user status is stuck at CRTD status even the system status is in REL.

Any further thoughts where I can check the config and correct

Regards

Rutvij

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

double click on the user status REL and select allowed radio button for release status. once you release the activity, user status will also be changed to Released.

regards,

0 Kudos

This is exactly what I also have in setup, below is the screenshot of Status profile and the release status with business transaction. Its straight forward setup but facing issue to move user status from CRTD to REL for network activities.

Network header works perfectly fine in moving the user status to REL.

Hope the below screenshot would help and appreciate your inputs on same

Thanks & Regards

Rutvij

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for all the inputs and information

There is a business transaction " Release Operations " which drives the change of status for network activities. I made that change and it worked fine to move the status of network activities from  CRTD to REL

Thanks & Regards

Rutvij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rutvij,

Can you please share me the spro path for the configuration that you showed in both screenshots for Statuses?

Thanks,

DK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to ok02 and select the status profile and click on object types button. scroll down and select Network activity, save the screen. Now onwards this status profile can be used for network activities. assign the status profile in t-code opsc. create a new project and check network activity status will be in sink with network header.

reagrds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using the function Extras -> Status simulation, you can simulate the status changes that could be caused by performing various business transactions, or by changing the staus manually, during the lifetime of the object concerned.This you can navigate from IMG SPRO-Additional functions of maintaince of status profile.

Regards,

Keerthi