cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a certificate to a SOAP web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I need some wisdom.  We are trying to add certificate based authentication to a SOAP web service that we created out of SAP.  We have not figured out how to do it yet and would like to ask for some guidance.  I have researched the question/topic for at least a week but I have come up with a dead end.

BACKGROUND

============

We created an RFC in SAP.

We converted that RFC to a web service via the wizard. 

We then created the binding in SOAMANAGER so that an external .NET application could call the web service. 

The web service works well with just basic user/auth authentication.

We would like to add certificate based authentication.

We downloaded the SAP Crypto libraries and created a key.  We then loaded that key into STRUST in SAP. 

We are now at the step where we do not know how to add the certificate to our web service.

Could someone please help?

Thanks,

G

PS  We do not have PI, but we plan on getting PI later this year.  Our urgent need is solving this issue w/o PI in the mix.  Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

attila_mikulan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Gurvinder

You need to configure an endpoint in transaction SOAMANAGER, with the option SSL over HTTPS. The following wiki page explains very thoroughly the different options: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/6owxDQ

Cheers,

Attila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Attila.  We have done that.  I think our issue is with the certificates.   We installed the crypto library, but are a bit confused as to which certificate to create under which node in STRUST.  Also, do we only need to create one certificate that would be shared w/.net or do we need to create more than one?

So, the main question is how to attach the certificate to the web service...any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

attila_mikulan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Gurvinder

The SSL Server Standard PSE is the one you need to maintain, if SAP is the provider. See documentation:  Maintaining the SSL Server PSE's Certificate List.

The result is a logon to the SAP system, certificate is not specific to one webservice.

Cheers,

Attila

Answers (0)