cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB GUI not working via VPN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm having an unusual issue. My standard HTML Gui is not working via the VPN. It was working prior to our EHP6 upgrade (from EHP4) this weekend. It works fine when just launching it within the firewall, but when logging in through a Juniper VPN connection since the upgrade it errors. The error I am getting in the browser is...

"Webpage error details

URI: https://VPNHOSTNAME.COM/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui,DanaInfo=<FQDN>.com,Port=8080,SSO=U+?sap-client=300

I've tried this on Chrome, Firefox and IE8. Getting the same results.

I've increased my SMICM time to a ridiculous level to make sure it wasn't a time out issue.

I've republished all my services.

I've cleared my server cache in SMICM.

I've even republished all MIME objects using program 'WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES'.

None of this should make a difference though. The real mystery is why it works within the firewall and doesn't through a VPN. It should behave exactly the same.

Any clues to the mystery will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Which VPN vendor do you use for the client and what Desktop Operating is this WEBGUI running on?  We recently had to update our VPN client to support Windows 8.

Regards,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dan. We also had to upgrade our VPN and it fixed the issue. We were on an older version of Juniper. So when your network folks deny that it has anything to do with the VPN itself, remember this thread. Look out for anachronistic VPN software. I got lucky and they had a scheduled upgrade to do anyway. Surely wasn't because I convinced them.

Because you had the same results after the VPN upgrade Dan I threw the points your way.

Greg

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg

It is probably a response time issue.

Try the following:

Go to SMCIM ---> menu GOTO ---> Services ---> menu Service ---> Change

In Max. Prcoessing time change from 60 to 300 and check if it helps.

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also,

If that doesn't help i would suggest you use "Fiddler" for http debugging if you are familiar with it.

It can give you a great deal of information regarding the http flow between the client and server.

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Suggestion Adi, I'll try to get more info from Fiddler. As for the SMICM...I increased that to over a 1000 and it didn't do anything. The js errors appear instantly anyway.

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I came across the following solution to a similar problem:

1. In SE38, execute the report WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES. Under "Menu:, double-click "Delpoy MIMES". Then when that has finished, double-click "Force MIME deployment".

2. In SMICM, choose the "Goto --> HTTP Plugin --> Server Cache --> Invalidate Globally. Click "Yes".

3. Delete Temporary Internet Files of Internet Explorer: Tools--> Internet Options --> (General Tab, Browsing History section) Delete.

Worth a try 🙂

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another good suggestion Adi. I have however, tried this already. I have a note open with SAP. There is some indication that the portal URL redirect (would be the same as a VPN) is incorrect. I'll post here SAP's conclusion.

former_member201355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

It sounds like FQDN issue, please check the Hostname and FQDN parameters correctly.

Also try adding your host name to the trusted sites

Thanks

Thirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thirumal,

I've checked this already. And besides, this would cause it to not work whether within the firewall or outside of it.

I've had our network look into the VPN and see if there is some sort of url redirect that pre EHP6 was perhaps acceptable, but is no longer.