cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chains fails with "always" option too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The step in the process chains fails even it has "always" option (red/green) link ( above & below) to it. This step is copies data from one planning area to another. If any users is found in either of the PA's, the steps fails.

We are on SCM 7.01 (SAPKY70107). The process chain on left is the part of the meta chain ( 1 Pro.Chain) seen in the right.

Please help.

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Message was edited by: Rahul Chitte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please try editing the left chain and in the menu, "process chain" --> "attributes", check settings under "process status validation". This will allow the main chain to continue, but will not solve your other problem (when there is a lock in the PA, system will not do the copying). TSCOPY is quite sensitive to these things.

thanks,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Thank you very much for replying but I am afraid to say that above mentioned setting didn't helped to proceed the meta-chain. The process chain terminates when it finds user locking in one of the planning area.

I want the process chain to ignore the locking & start the next step. Please help.

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have a system at hand, but you could try the following:

if the TSCOPY step can have as an output both green (correct) and red (error) connectors, you can connect those to lines to a dummy step (such as one AND step, or two dummy ABAP programs such as two different variantes of prorgram RSWAITSEC). Then, either if there is a lock or not, the chain continues and ends find.

Without the setting I suggested in the previous post, a subchain that has an error inside but ends in green is treated as ok. But you are right, for this, you can't have the TSCOPY as the last step.

I believe we solved once an issue with this approach, please try and be back if you get it right!

thanks,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have just had exactly the same issue as originally reported, the Meta Chain step is set to always but the first step is showing Red due to a locking issue in Planning Book.  The step which failed for us is a Time Series Check.

Reading above I don't really understand why having the two different outputs is any different to always? If the first process is coming back with a fail status (which it would need to to go down the route James states above) then surely it would be going down the current "always" route???

Its almost as if the first step although showing as Red in RSPC hasn't actually come back with a FAIL status?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had the same issue where a Process Chain "hung" and didn't go onto the next step when I had a locking fail.

Check that the job SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP is scheduled to run in your system. This should be running each hour (at least).

It seems that "abnormal" fails such as system dumps and locking are not recognized as either success or fail, so the system sits there waiting for prior step to complete. This CCMS "watchdog" program effectively forces the fail status back to the process chain and it will then continue onto the next step.

A bit of a rubbish situation on my opinion but is one of the strange ways SAP works.

You can check this scenario by when the system has "hung" if you go into RSPCM ytou will get the pop-up Process Termination window asking if you want to inform the Process Chain of a fail.

Hope this helps (although I am sure you will have moved on since this was logged), but at least this may help someone else.

Simon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

I understand your requirement is to start the successor step even if the predecessor step has failed. In your case predecessor step is Copy Plan Version which gets failed due to user locking the planning area, but successor step do not get started although you have selected event as "ALWAYS"(RED+GREEN).

Below SAP note address the similar problem.  Please check if it is relevant to your SCM system.

SAP Note# 1250385  :  DP Job cancellation triggers abend of the process chain

Besides please check whether status of your local chain gets updated in this table or not RSPCPROCESSLOG. It is important for status(regardless red or green) to get updated in this table so as to trigger the successor step from the meta chain.  This FM RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH updates the status into this table whenever chain or any step in the process chain is finished so that it triggers next step based on the event. This FM can be run using SE37 as well.

Also as mentioned by James,  This kind of issue can be handled by implementing below logic in the process chain with AND condition.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare