cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying a view with Pop up containing viewcontainerelement

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

my requirement is to display a view in a pop up with necessary ui element(name and lanid) and on the click on search in the pop up view, an alv is displayed in the viewcontainerelement showing the results.

Right now when i click on search the alv is not displayed in the pop up but its been populated. How can i display the viewcontainerelement also in the pop up?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you just create a view with the input fields for selection and a ViewContainerUI to display ALV.

Then create a new window and drag and drop your view in that window. Now call this window as a popup.

Hope this helps u. Revert back for further clarifications

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Thanks for ur response, i tried all this, but my data in the alv(is not displayed in the pop up view) but when i have the same alv displayed in another view(not as a pop up), the data is already populated based on the selection i give in the pop up view.

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member206479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Have you done any visible/invisible property for viewcontainer ui element. If yes, make sure that viewcontainer ui element visible property(bind attribute) to abap_true by using set_attribute() method in the onAction() Event.If not set any visible property value please let us know your step by step process then we will guide you.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i tried this simple example in the sandbox and its working, i dont know why it wasnt working ealier, as i was calling the class method using service call in component controlelr to populate the node based on the values given in the popup.Let me check this out again.

Thanks for your time .

Regards,

nikhil

former_member206479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

As suggested by Kiran design the layout and after embed the view into window for pop up please embed the alv table in the view container and in onAction() bind the internal table data to alv table Node..

Regards,

Venkat