cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem regarding usage decision is done by other plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have four plant in our company in one company code then usage decision is done by other plant then same plant .How we restrict usage decision is not done by other plant.Please give me solutions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you told steps our basis guy have already applied all the points at authorization level. In QA11 , when user(suppose X) of plant 1 put inspection lot manually of other plant(plant 2) then message comes " no authorization of inspection type ie. 01,04.but when another user(Y) of different plant(Plant 2) opens his lot in QA11 then it shows "This lot is locked by User X".

This is due to user X has not come to initial screen or haven't eneterd any other inspection lot.

Now I want that rather than this message  "This lot is locked by User X" , user is able to open his lot.

Does someone have idea how to do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is he having QA02 access for that lot & plant???

Check the Authorization object Q_INSPTYPE & remove the plant.

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sameer

Fix authorization for t-code qa02 plant wise with the help of basis guy. You are facing that problem because other user-id has rights to access that inspection lot of other plant. As two user cannot concurrently access the same lot number.

Regards

Manish

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is not "fixable".  As long as SAP has a lock on the inspection lot, it cannot be opened by anyone else.  Even if the first person has no authorization on the object.  The object is locked first by the database.  It can't check the authorizations against the inspection type, (since this authorization check is down to the inspection type), until it reads the inspection lot and determines the inspection type of the lot.

I can't believe that this is big problem.  Users should be trained to back out after they get errors.  Your help desk should be trained on how to unlock the lock entries and kick off an idle user.  Most production systems also usually set a time limit for inactive users and automatically logs them out, (often 30 minutes).

I would suggest that this be dealt with procedurally via training and an automatic log off for inactive users.  Doing a lot of development for this is not really warranted and I'm not even sure it is possible.

FF

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sammer

Ask basis guy for that. He will restrict user-ids on the basis of plant.

regards

Manish

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to restrict this through authorization.

or You have to do following setting -

SPRO-> QM-> Quality Inspection -> Inspection Lot Creation-> Maintain Inspection Types

Select Inspection type (Say 01) -> here is UD selected set field select 01 & mark selected set in same plant.

After saving this setting, you will show plant required codes at the time of Usage decision.

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restrict authorization for users in the other plant-qa32 stuff.

Regards,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please rephrase your query.

Are you talking about other plant user?? Your query is not clear.

If you want to restrict UD based on plant, try authorization object Q_UD_CODE.