Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'The period profile specified was not found' error in the planning log

winnie_wei
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Colleague,

I have an issue regarding this period profile which is used for resource utilization alerts.

I have created a period profile at IMG (define period profiles for resourece utilization), and assign this profile to PPDS alert profile (average resource utilization field group). But the strange thing is when I try to use F4 to choose this period profile I just created, it doesn't wok, I get the information 'no entry available'. Then I just manually enterred this profile.

But when I run the rescheduling in the detailed scheduling board, I will get an error message in the planning log, says "The period profile specified was not found", message no.  /SAPAPO/RRP_PT304.

Do you have any clue what's wrong with my setting? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Winnie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Winnie,

Looks like you have created period profile in a different IMG path, for alert profile to get resource utilization alerts you need to create period profiles using T.code : RPMTB or IMG path APO-->Supply chain planning -->Rapid planning matrix-->Maintain period profile

Please try this option, Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kiru

winnie_wei
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kiru,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I maintained the period profile in another place.

Advanced Planner and Optimizer ® Supply Chain Planning ® Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) ® Detailed Scheduling ® Settings for the Detailed Scheduling Planning Board ® Define Period Profiles for Resource Utilization

Do you know where this period profiles is used?

In our case, we don't use rapid planning matrix. So if you are right, then I don't need to maintain the Average Resource Utilization (period profile, underload alert from, and overload alert from) in the alert profile. the threshold value set in alert type will be used for alert monitor. Am I right?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Winnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Winnie,

The period profiles  which you have defined for resource utilization are used in the DS planning board charts. You assign this in planning board profiles

And yes  as you said you dont need to maintain average Resource Utilization (period profile, underload alert from, and overload alert from) in the alert profile. just maintain the threshold values for the three types of alerts  and select the resources  in the resources tab for which you want alerts.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kiru

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

winnie_wei
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kiru,

Thanks for your clear explaination!

Best regards,

Winnie

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Winnie,

You can use this period profile only with RPM. Use tx RPMTB to create the period profile that can be accessed in the alert profile maintenance.

Thanks,

Rajesh

winnie_wei
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

But I checked in the online help for PPDS alert, it says like this:

Average resource overload

The system can generate an alert if the average resource utilization in a period falls below or exceeds certain threshold values. You specify the periods by defining a period profile in the PP/DS alert profile. You define period profiles in Customizing for Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS).

here is the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/c1/147a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

If I want to show the alert (average resource overload/underload), I am wondering where I can assign this period profile.

Best regards,

Winnie