cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the logon for the APP SAP employee lookup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello team,

I have downloaded the SAP Employee Lookup on my iphone?

But I don't how to configure the logon information.

Could anyone tell me how to configure the sup address ?

Thanks,

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member350873
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This application is currently not included to the SAP runs SAP initiative. Therefore the solution is available to customers, but the app is not available in-house with productive SAP data.

There are ways to access the SAP address book from all major SAP-owned mobile devices (iOS, Android, BB). SAP IT will be able to support on such mobile access.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you deploy the add ons related to the application the SAP you need to create user in the Sybase Control Center.

After that you have to provide your SUP server details with the created user in SCC and the user in NW gateway in the app settings. Once it is done the app will be connected to the SUP server.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Thanks for your reply.

you mean I need create a ticket to the SAP IT support to apply for this?

Does any document or workflow you can share to me ?

Thanks,

Neil

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The employee look up app provided by SAP comes under RDS ( Rapid Deployment Solutions ). Complete configuration guide for this app is provided by SAP. You can find it in the SAP market place.

Download those files and configure the app.

The SAP basis team has to apply the related add ons in the SAP system and NW gateway based on the configuration guides.

Then you need to create the user in SCC ( Sybase Control Center ) to connect the app with SUP server. Before that you need to create an application template for this app in SCC. Each and every step is provided by SAP in the respective documents in SAP market place.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Visit https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/instguides and login with your S-User ID and password then navigate to Installation and Upgrade guides, then on the left hand side menu expand - SAP Components and then expand SAP Mobile Application and then expand SAP Bussiness Suite and then select SAP ERP

from there you can download the employee look installation and configuration guide, just execute the steps as mentioned in the pdf which you have downloaded and you are done

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divakarla,

Very appreciated for your reply.

I just read the doucument you mentioned which is very long and technical.

as a front user My question is very simple.

I downloaded the SAP employee lookup  from the apple store.

I just want to logon into it. but I don't know.

My question is : whether I should create a ticket for SAP IT support since I am an sap employee,

So I think I don't need install anything.

I have called IT support but they said they never handle this thing and let me see the document in Service market place.

you know it is very difficult to resovle this issue.

I just need to know to find which department can resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

In order to see the app running on the device with some test data, you have to configure your system landscape as mentioned in the doc, the doc is not too long if you are already familar with Netweaver Gateway and SAP HCM, in SAP HCM you have to install the employee look up add-on, and also you have to install IW_BEP component in Netweaver Gateway, and all you have to do is maintain RFC destination in between netweaver gateway and SAP HCM (if your netweaver gateway is installed else where)

If your SAP HCM has been already configured with the standard org structure, all you need is just connect the dots and you are done... it's very easy to get the app working.. aah...just less than a day

Hope that helps

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From an end user stand point you don't want to worry about SUP or NW gateway. You have to contact the IT guy to get the credentials required to connect your app.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

The following settings you need to enter for Successful Logon:

HOST: Hostname of your SUP Server

PORT: 80  

Company ID: Farm ID which you use for connecting your app to the SUP Server.

( Here Mobile is entered )

Security Config: HTTPconnection

You will have to give the Username , Password and app Passcode if req.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wagle,

You answer is so simple to understand.

Thanks a lot.

So need I install the SUP server on my laptop or should I ask for SAP IT support since I am a employee for SAP?

Need I ask the related information to the SAP IT support or other teams?

Best regards,

Neil