cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Approval mail reminders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I would like to send follow up mails for the document approvals if they are not approved by specified duration or workflow end date. Is there any standard configuration which would be helpful to me , I have checked good in system and i did not find any information on same.

I am thinking to go via custom way , can any one suggest the way i can go  or tell me how to proceed if they have worked on a similar requirement .

Right now i am thinking to write a mail script in workflow itself but then i would be needing to get details if workflow is pending or not etc.. so I shall be doing it in Pre script?...

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

There isn't any standard in the tool send reminder notifications for workflow pending approvals.

I had a similar requirement with a customer and we implemented a custom solution. The customer required notification to the approvers if the approval has been pending for X # of days.

The solution we implemented is to develop a custom jar file that contained code check the status of all the workflows pending approvals and generate email notification. The custom jar file needs to be deployed on Sourcing application server. For the custom jar to be executed, we had Set up a Schedule Tasks which would check in the background for the pending approval workflow and send out email notifications.

I hope this helps. Let me know, if you need any additional information.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

I tried implementing this solution earlier but I was unable to deploy the custom jar. I used to get error while deploying jar on server.

The jar I created was being compiled but when I tried to run it on NWDS, it use to say session=null. I connected the code to database and servers and tried running but still the same issue persisted.

Do you have idea why I used to get Session problem and deployment error?

You can go through below posts:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3200425

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3184048

http://scn.sap.com/message/8519511#8519511

Would it be possible for you to share the jar file?

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

Once you have the custom jar developed and complied, deploying the jar file on to the server should be something Basis team should be able to help you with.

Unfortunately, I do not have the jar file with me.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Parankush ,

Can you tell me where will the custom jar get deployed , in a separate folder named customs or in lib folder it self because if it all its not in lib folder , do i need to include all the apis .

Will it require a server restart after deployment.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Once you have the custom jar file ready, the deployment of the file is a Basis activity. You need to provide the file to your Basis contact and they will have to run the setup steps on the application server for deploying the file which gets created in the custom jar folder.

And yes, the sourcing services have to re-started after the custom jar deployment.

Regards,

Parankush

Answers (0)