Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice posting via Invoic01 idoc

former_member130215
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The requirement is to post the invoice equal to PO qty * Price per unit into the PO and freight charges into a separate GL account. Doing this using MRIO is easy because here we have a separate tab of "GL account" along with "PO Reference" and "Material" , but how to achieve it using Invoic01 idoc??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why you want to use material/ GL tab in MIRO ?

If you are using freight and same can be posted to separate Freight clearing GL account automatically during MIRO based on the accruals key assignment in your Calculation schema.

Thanks n Regards,

former_member130215
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually, the initial issue was posted on a separate thread,

http://scn.sap.com/message/14084129#

Still let me give you an insight into the issue,

I have a PO with

PO qty : 3000 KG

PO price : 49,300.00 USD per 10000 KG

and  in the conditions tab, a cond type "ZRF2(Manual Freight charges) " is later included and its value is 1,985.34.

Now when the vendor is sending the invoice idoc with billed value(SUMME) in the segment "E1EDS01", the idoc is failed with the error

"Balance not zero: 1,985.34 debits: 14,790.00 credits: 16,775.34"

I have checked the following settings :

-Accruals is checked in the SPRO settings(M/06).

-In Purchasing Schema, the Freight condition is marked as Statistics.

-I have checked the GL account assigned to FR3 in the obyc settings and found that in the followon documents (corresponding to GR), this account is picked up and Freight charges are posted to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say freight value entered in ZRF2 in PO Conditions tab it means it is a planned delivery costs and same is also posted to Inventory and Freight clearing GL at the time of GR (MIGO).

So as per std. behaviour the same freight clearing GL should get debited for 1,985.34 during MIRO.

As per my understanding you dont have to enter this amount in separate G/L or Material tab in MIRO.

You can simulate a similar case in your test system and try to post a MIRO manually.

Thanks n Regards,

former_member130215
Participant
0 Kudos

I have already tried to post the IR in the testing system,

Please click on the abovi pic to view it completely.

Accounting docs for the above marked IR,

As you can see that the cost corresponding to ZFR2 is not getting posted in the accounting documents.

Then after this IR, tried another way of posting the IR via posting the 14790 into the PO reference field and the freight charges to a separate GL while doing MIRO,

Now my query is that is this the correct way or practice??

If yes then how to achieve this while posting the IR using a invoic01 idoc??

former_member130215
Participant
0 Kudos

Please help me understand how to achieve this via invoic01 idoc??

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

This is not the issue with IDoc, this is the issue with Pricing Procedure. It is not a good idea to add one more segment in the IDoc rather fixing the pricing issue.

Please check the value of "Condition Category" of the condition type in M/06 in Control Data 1 block. It should be 'B' for freight charges. I think you are keeping it as 'L' as you mentioned in the link.

Regards,

Asik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitesh,

Please check your GR accounting document postings.

Whether the Freight value is loaded to your inventory ?

Since you are entering the amount in the PO conditions tab, normally the total amount freight amount will be loaded to your stock a/c and offsetting entry will be posted to your freight clearing account.

The same freight clearing G/L will get credited at the time of MIRO.

Please check and revert.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

It seems SAP standard IDOC INVOIC01 does not have segment for G/L account and Material posting as Incoming invoice from Vendor will always need to be post with reference to document ( PO , Delivery note, Bill of ladding ect ) and not directly to G/L account or material.

If you want you can use the BAPI IncomingInvoice . In this BAPI there are separate segment for Material and G/L account posting.

Amit.

former_member130215
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply..Can you guide me how to do that...I have entered the screen which you shown above.I mean I dont have much idea about how to use a bapi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to ask your technical consultant ( Abapper ) to develop the program  and use this BAPI to post the Invoice. You can't directly use the BAPI to post any transaction.

Technical consultant have better idea to use the BAPI in the program

Amit.