cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Asssay recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Friends,

Do anyone has the idea for quality assay recording- Own assay, Customer assay and Umpire assay. I know that the t code is same for all QE51N but how to differentiate these 3s?

Business scenario is like this- company records own assay and then send the material to customer. Customer will test and send the record to compnay again and company will record this. If there is a big difference between these two, one third part will do testing and send result to compnay again, company will record this. How to do this in system?

Thanks

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Option 1: You can create a different operation in the inspection plan.  You can use the same MIC in all three operations.  You differentiate the testing by the operation short text.  Make the test on the third operation (umpire) as optional.

Option 2: The other alternative is to use free inspection points.  Use the three character identifier that is available for naming the inspection point.  The first inspection point uses the "OWN", The second inspection point would be identified as "CUS" and if needed, the third inspection point as "UMP".

If you need a Cert printed out, all three inspection point values can be printed.

Option 3: You test your product under an 04 inspection type which is set as the preferred inspection type.  When the customer results come back you create a manual 04 inspection lot using a custom created inspection type named 04_CUST.  This would be to record the customer results.  If it goes to the umpire, you create a third manual 04 inspection lot with an inspection type of 04_UMP.   You can set up your work lists to display the inspection types.  All three inspection types are activate in the material master with the standard 04 set as preferred so that it is selected automatically for you when you do the GR from production.

FF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

For option2 what are the configuraions need to be done?

For Option 3, can you pls give me the details in config + master data + transaction?

Pls

krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI FF,

How will be the option one if I maintain 3 operations in one inspection plan. What will be the inspection type and how the record will be recorded? How to check after the recording?

Thanks for your response.

Kris

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey Krish

As mentioned by FF.

For first option you have to create plan and mentioned with three operations and attach MIC with each operations. Do the result recording operation wise as per you scenaio.

For Second option you have to create inspection plan with inspection point eg.100 ans assign the MIC a sampling procedure with inspection point to each MIC. While result recording you have to give inspection point as text (own,cust,ump). For this you have define inspection point identifer as text. in config.

For third option you have to create two more inspection type as mentioned by FF as 04_Cust and 04_UMP . And assign these inspection type to 04 lot origin in config. And assign all these inspection type(04,04_UMP,04_CUST) to QM view of that material and make 04 as preferred inspection type and make three different plant for them and make sure that usage  must be different according to you scenario.

Regards

Manish

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry. i missed your earlier inquires.

Option 1 I don't really like because you will create (possibly), three inspection lots.  But (possibly), for each inspection lots you will not record data for one or more operations.  I.e the first time around you only record against operation OWN.  Second lot only against CUST.  And third time against UMP.  This means your tests are either all set up as optional tests or you force close the inspection each time.

One other variation of this option is to make your characteristics long-term characteristics.  This would allow you to create the 04 lot automatically and record the results for the "OWN" operation.

Than you can make the UD and release the product.  When the customer results come in you can go back in to the same inspection lot and record the results on operation "CUST". Then if the umpire is necessary, you can come back in at even a later date and record the results against the UMP operation.  You can use the same characteristics in all three operations.  You will get an informational error when saving the plan but it is allowed.

I can't say what inspection type this would be.  I'm guessing you would be using 04 lots.

Manish has pretty much outline the basic steps you need for 2 & 3.  For option 3 you'll have to do create additional manual lots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF and Manish,

Thanks for your response.

What I did

• 1.       I have creatde 3 MICs- CU (connected with batch), Cu_Cust, Cu_umpire
  • 2.       Inspection type 04 and 89
  • 3.       3 operations in single inspection plan having different group counter. First one is for production receipt of usage 05, 2nd and 3rd are for customer and umpire having usage 03. Description as - Own assay recording, customer assay recording and umpire assay recording as counetr no. 1,2,3
  • 4.       So production receipt happenedcorrectly based on inspection type 04
  • 5.       For customer and umpire assay, we need to create manual inspection lot and system provides option to choose correct inspection plan- operation and recording will be done based on the inspection lot. Here in the short text I can write Customer assay or Umpire assay.
  • 6.       Usage decision will happen w/o any quantity.
  • Basically own assay results are required for initial invoice based on metal content, where customer assay &/or umpire assay will have the option to record only and will be required for final invoice preparation.
  • Am I doing anything wrong?

Pls suggest

Thanks

krish

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you create an 04MAN inspection type.  Specify a usage of 51.

Instead of 3 mic's, you technically really only need one. CU.  It can be used in all three plans.

Change the usage on the two manual plans you created to 51.

Now when you create your manual inspection lots specify an inspection origin of 04. The system should prompt you to select an inspection either of 04 or 04MAN.  Select 04MAN for the manually created ones.

It will require you to enter the original process/production order number.  It should then read in the batch info from the order. 

Once the lot opens up, click on the button to assign the inspection plan and your two plans for usage 51 should be listed.  Select the appropriate one.  The last set of results recorded and UD'd will be the values on the batch record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Agreed with you for 04 Manual....Thanks it is working fine.

Sorry to argued with you again because you can only solve my problem.

Why I am going for 3 MICs?- In my system batch classification happened automatically when the quality results are updated. Link between batch characteristics and MIC. Customer results and umpire results are outside results and I don't want to update my batch characteristics with outside's results. Thse results are required for invoice finalization.

Thanks

Krishna

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is simply your preference.  You can stick with the multiple mics. 

I try to stick to a general rule where possible:  One MIC for each test where the method is different.  If the test method is not different, (or the precision), is not different, I try to use one single mic.

I'm assuming that you, your customer, and the umpire, are running the test identically using the same methods.  I was also assuming that the last result of the testing is what you agree to.  I.e. your test, the customers test, and if they disagree, the umpire's test result.  Hence you really only would need the final test result on the batch record.

But there is nothing wrong with you setting the test up as three separate MIC's.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI FF,

For my material quality check is active. in that plan if I want to insert new operation and maintaining the customer and umpire characteristics as long term characteristics how can I do it?

Thanks

Kris

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To make the characteristics long term you do this in the control indicators for the MIC's. Use QS24 to change the MIC.  Once in there go to the control indicators.  Click on the "Long Term Characteristic" indicator.

Than just add the operations and characteristics into your plan via QP02.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create 3 different Inspection Plan with description as Own Assay, Customer Assay & Third Party Assay.

Based on the type of results recording, in Inspection lot, Inspection plan can be selected manually. Inspection lots for Customer Assay & 3rd Party Assay can be created manually as there is no goods movement.

For own assay, based on the time of results recording, either manual or automatic inspection lot creation is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

Can you please give me details of this? like if we create 3 plans......how we can select for customer's one during lot creation......is there any way that pop-up will come?...Please help

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once after Inspection Lot has been created without any Plan, Inspection lot will have CRTD status. You can assign appropriate plan in QA02 of that Inspection lot.