cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager 7.0 ehp1 upgrade to 7.1 Sp8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Recently I have proposed my client to move there Solution Manager 7.0 ehp1 to Solution Manager 7.1, by highlighting some advantages and also letting them to know the fact maintenance of SAP Solution Manager 7.0 ends by end of 2013. No functional enhancements on SAP Solution Manager 7.0.

But client is not intruiged with the idea since I have only explained certain things like Technical Monitoring, RCA and other technical related things, I went thru many standard SAP docs to know more about ALM, Run SAP, Project Administration, BPO etc, but I felt kinda barrier between functional and technical aspects of Solution Manager so I wanted to overcome this.

By knowing other advantages of Solution Manager 7.1 I think I can convince my client easily.

Also to keep you informed currently they are using Solution Manager only for EWA and download approvals and they are not at all depending on it on any aspects.

It would be much appreciated if some one brings light of knowledge on this, so that I can saddle up on my proposal.

Regards,

Harsha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I was looking for some thing, but I found out this as really helpful http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agent+and+HA+Support

Since our production server is distributed clustered consisting of 2 failover application servers and 2 DB servers.

Any way thanks for the link.

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsa,

Glad it helped.

Please assign link as helpful if it was other may benefit from it.

Good luck.

J

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can get an idea of the scenarios and the changes in Solution Manager 7.1 by visiting http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman -> SAP Solution Manager 7.1

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miquel,

Thanks for your response, I would like to know one thing, currently the project is in support phase.

So is it possible to prepare BPP and other project related things in Solution Manager at this phase?

BR,
Harsha