cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit tcode RERAPP on business entity and not on Company Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a security issue whereas we want to limit tcode RERAPP but does not want to make use of customized tcodes.

Is this possible? Whenever RERAPP is used, all the BEs listed under the company code is being shown but we want to limit by certain BEs only.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bowen_cao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems there is no standard system functionality for your requirement.

Maybe you should set the variant for your users like below:

Set the field as protected:

using this variant, it will not be inputted:

Hope it help,

Regards, Bowen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Bowen!

However, can you help me with? I need to know where to create this variant and how can I assign these to users?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

While replicating the same issue in my system,I found that Transaction Variant via SHD0 cant be created for RERAPP.It can just create a Selection Variant as explained by the method in post by Bowen Cao.Though transaction variant can be assigned to the but it will not fulfill your requirement,and Selection variant cant be assigned to the user.So you just have to regulate the Posting with the help of Authorisation Roles for specific Business Entity and User.

Hope I could be some help to you!

Regards,
Siddharth Khandelwal

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member221103
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

I would suggest you to use the functionality of Authorization Groups and User Status & Activity Control in REFX.

1. REFX-->General Settings for Master Data & Contract-->Authorizations-->Define Authorization Groups.

2. REFX-->General Settings for Master Data & Contract-->User Status-->User Status & Activity Control.

Try these options and see if it helps or if more clarification is required please explain your scenario in more detail.

Regards:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Authorization groups are configured in our system and we are already using them in limiting access of users,

like in displaying contracts in RECN. Authorization groups are helpful in this aspect, we are able to limit their

view access. However, when a user runs RERAPP-Periodic Posting of Contracts, the user sees contracts of other Business

Entities even if the user has access only to a particular BE/Authorization group.  Our authorization group code setup is 1:1 with our BE codes.