cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two scenario in one Pricing Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client requirement is Sales tax should be calculated after Price + Excise + Insurance + Freight for a specific plant and for other plants the sales tax calculation should be after Price + Excise then add Insurance and Freight. Pricing procedure is same for all plants. Cal anyone pls suggest me how to map this two scenario in one pricing procedure.

Regards,

JJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Janmejay,

The field "Alternate BaseType" has to be used for this requirement.

In the pricing procedure, the row with the tax condition type, in the field "Alt BasT" add your routine that shall -

1. If plant is specific, then the base value for calculating tax is then the base value for calculating tax is Price + Excise + Insurance + Freight

2. If the plant is something other than the specific, then follow the as-is standard SAP pricing logic

Explain your ABAPer, the logic based on which he/she shall create the routine (write the code).

In the pricing procedure -

10 Price

110 Exercise

180 Insurance

200 Freight

250 Tax           From 10, To 110

---- In general, Tax is calculated based on the value Price + Exercise

But if it is specific plant, then the routine in the Alt BasT shall make the base value as Price + Excise + Insurance + Freight

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janmejay,

I am thinking in the following way ( I have not tried and tested so, you may have to test it in your sandbox before propose this to business).

Create 2 condition types (say ZWST and ZVAT). Assume that ZWST will be calculated on Price + Excise + Insurance + Freight and ZVAT will be on Price + Excise.

In your pricing procedure:

step 10: Price

step 20: Excise

step 30: ZVAT

step40: Insurance

step50:Freight

step60: ZWST.

Now, keep both tax related condition types as mandatory condition types. However, in the access sequence, ensure that you have Plant region as one of the fields. So, when Plant X comes you will see ZVAT will activated and ZWST also will be activated (but, in your records you have to maintain ZWST as 0% with plant X combination) If plant Y comes ZWST will be activated with actual tax value and ZVAT will be 0%( in your records for Plant Y, ZVAT should be maintained as zero)

Note: You may need to play with above step numbers to get the base value.

Please check and post your results here, so that we can suggest you other solutions.

@ others: Please correct if my above logic is wrong.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

It seems not Good Solution but problem is Note: You may need to play with above step numbers to get the base value.We need to change the Step Numbers every time and one more thin is User doesnt have Access to Pricing Procedure .Its very risky process .Whoever can take this kind of activities in Business.Finally,consultant need to be handle that User Role also .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

I didn't understand your last statement.

.Whoever can take this kind of activities in Business.Finally,consultant need to be handle that User Role also .

Even if you go for enhancement and tomorrow the base value logic changes, you have to change  your routine logic too.So, in both the solutions, user has to reach consultant

As everyone aware, we should minimize the development and coding if there is a standard solution.

BTW, I mentioned playing with step numbers to inform OP to do some trail and error.

Hope you understand now.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Sorry forgot to put Not beside of Can .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

Thanks for providing appropriate solution, my issue was resolved.

Regards,

JJ

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two suggestions for you. You can try any one of them and see which is helpful for you.

1. Create a requirement routine in VOFM and ask your ABAPER to put logic if Plant is A then calculate tax with price+excise+freight etc and if Plant is B then calculate with your 2nd calculation. WERK field is available in KOMP structure while pricing calculation and ABAPER can do this with incorporating if condition in routine.
  2. Create two sub total steps in your pricing procedure one for first formula and 2nd for other. This will be base amount for calculating tax. Use two condition types for tax calculation and give step of first sub total to first condition and 2nd sub total to 2nd condition for taking this amount as base for tax calculation. Use condition exculsion functionality and assign D in reason for exclusion. This will activate only one condition at one time.

Please test and update.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created two routine by ABAPERs like 901 and 902. In 901 the logic is written like, if plant is A then deactivate the steps in which against the routine is assigned and it working fine calculation are ok in item level Conditions but when I am checking in header level conditions then the steps are not deactivated and calculation is shown as wrong. can anyone suggest.

Regards,

JJ

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

That is depends upon Routine .With what logic ,ABAPer has developed that Routine ? why because you are owner in this case ,how you wanted in Sales Order Level Price .Better than meet once again ABAPer and explain your problems with tested screen shots .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please ask your ABAPER to check the routines. Ask him to do this for both, line item and header level. KOMP and KOMK are the structures for this. A technical person can understand this better because this is AAP area. You just need to tell him the logic in your functional language and he has to convert it in technical language in routine.

Thank$

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible in the standard pricing procedure

May be you have to think of Routine and assign this as Alternative calculation type for the  sales Tax condition type

your Developer can help in this regard

regards,

santosh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

My client requirement is Sales tax should be calculated after Price + Excise + Insurance + Freight for a specific plant and for other plants the sales tax calculation should be after Price + Excise then add Insurance and Freight. Pricing procedure is same for all plants .

You need to create Two Sales Tax Conditions Types as differently and maintain these condition Types in Pricing Procedure as ZCST Condition Type ,it will calculate from Price + Excise + Insurance + Freight  and XCST Condition Type ,it will calculate from Price + Excise .

Note : If you want two condition types in Sales Order Level then no problem .If you dont want two Condition Types in Sales Order Level then I dont know ,how much Exclusion Proces would be helpful or not or else go by New Routine in this case .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

i agree with Naren, you can also maintian that two condition type plant and material wsie.

thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain