cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiProvider designing..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I have two standard Infocubes which are 0SD_C01 Customer and 0SD_C03 Sales:Overview. Some attributes are not present/common in the Sales:Overview(0SD_C03) cube.

Business requires some changes and now i need to add some attributes from the Customer (0SD_C01) Infocube to Sales:Overview OSD_C03 cube, which are 0ACCOUNT_GRP(Customer Account Group), 0Add_Number(Address), 0City(Location), 0Country(Country), 0Postal CD(Postal Code), 0Regin(Regin), 0Street(Street,house Number), 0Name

1) How to design Multiprovdier? Please elaborate..

2) Can I add Info Object after design?

3) After loading whole data can i make Navigational Attributes?

4) Is there performance effect/issues on SAP BO reports, if so then how much?

Regards

Arshiyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thanks for your input afford.

According to the business requirement, I've deleted the entire data of Sales Overview(0SD_C03) InfoCube. Then I've added 0CUST_SALES into Customer dimension and 0MAT_SALES into Material dimension of Sales Overview (0SD_C03) InfoCube. In the transformations between seven InfoSources and InfoCube (0SD_C03), I've created direct Direct Assignment Rule between 0SOLD_TO and 0MAT_SALES and Direct Assignment Rule between 0MATERIAL and 0MAT_SALES for all seven InfoSouces where I found 0MATERIAL/0SOLD_TO. When I activated InfoCube I did not have any error message. But, when I tried to lot the data from PSA to Data Target: InfoCube (0SD_C03), my DTP kind of stuck with Yellow status and I kept on refreshing it on Monitor screen: please see below a screen shot for this:

1.) Why am I got failed to load the request into InfoCube?

2.) Have I made the right transformation rules between 0MAT_SALES and 0MATERIAL, then

0SOLD_TO   to  0MAT_SALES setting Direct Assignment as a Rule?

3)  I've loaded data requests successfully, after deleting 0MAT_SALES and 0CUST_SALES from Infocube and also deleting transformations for these objects, which means, there is something wrong with my transformation or Rule type. What will be it?

4.) I have been reading different discussions on SCN, forum regarding my issue like following ones:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1557444

http://scn.sap.com/thread/992261

people have had added these InfoObjects into Sales Overview InfoCube, but they have not discussed how they mapped/created the transformations

5.) What is the way/solution to update the newly added Characteristics 0MAT_SALES  and 0CUST_SALES of InfoCube Sales Overview?

Regards

Arshiyan

0 Kudos

This might be too little too late, but after extraction, I do not see the transformation execution step and the further sub steps. Are you sure you have activated the transformation?

To test the newly added rule, you have a test rule button in the rule assignment window. Test the rule and check if you are getting the desired value.

If it does not resolve your issue, post your questions a little clearly.

I don't understand your point #3 in the above post.

Anyway, all the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your useful links and guidelines.

Actually, I've loaded billions of records into Sales Overview (0SD_C03) InfoCube and there was a talk to design a MultiProvider with Customer (0SD_C01) InfoCube.

Now, I've been asked to add two Characteristics  Material Sales (0MAT_SALES) and Customer Number Sales View (0CUST_SALES) into Sales Overview (0SD_C03) InfoCube and for this purpose I've deleted all data requests from InfoCube Sales Overview.

Now, I'll add Material Sales (0MAT_SALES) into MATERIAL dimension of Sales Overview cube and map all seven DataSources 0Material field with InfoObject Material Sales (0MAT_SALES) using InfoObject Direct Input option in the context menu of the dimension.

Then I'll also add Customer Number Sales View (0CUST_SALES) into CUSTOMER dimension of Sales Overview using InfoObject Direct Input option in the context menu of the dimension and map all seven DataSources Sold-to-Party field with the InfoObject Customer Number Sales View (0CUST_SALES) InfoObject as Sold-to-Party is using 0CUSTOMER as an Reference Characteristics and 0CUSTOMER is not available in the CUSTOMER dimension for mapping during Transformation between Source and the Data Target.

After, editing the InfoCube Sales Overview, I'll activate it and start reloading my entire data into the Cube.

1. Is this the right way/approach to edit a Standard Infocube?

2. Will I be able to load the records successfully after adding these two InfoObjects?

3. Have I added these two InfoObjects into the relevant Dimensions of the cube or do I need to add them into new Dimension? If yes, then how these two InfoObjects will be populated?

4. Have I mapped these two InfoObjects with correct fields of DataSources during Transformation, especially regarding the mapping or transformation between Sold-to-Party and 0CUST_SALES?

5. What if after loading millions of record, there will be a requirement to add another InfoObject into the Cube? Will then I need to use Remolding concept since I'm working on SAP NetWeaver 7.20? or I will delete all data requests from the InfoCube and add the InfoObject and start reloading data into it?

Your help and assistance will highly be appreciated once more!!!

Thanks!!!

Arshiyan

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Your idea of adding Material Sales and Cust no. Sales view into their respective dimensions is correct.

Mappings also seems to be ok.

1. Is this the right way/approach to edit a Standard Infocube?

Yes. You can go ahead.

2. Will I be able to load the records successfully after adding these two InfoObjects?

If your whole data flow till cube is active, then you should be able to load. Please load small amount of data first and check whether the data is coming correctly to these two chars.

3. Have I added these two InfoObjects into the relevant Dimensions of the cube or do I need to add them into new Dimension? If yes, then how these two InfoObjects will be populated?

Yeah, you have added them to the right ones only.

4. Have I mapped these two InfoObjects with correct fields of DataSources during Transformation, especially regarding the mapping or transformation between Sold-to-Party and 0CUST_SALES?

Yeah, it is correct. Sold-to-party is nothing but customer only. I just have a doubt on material mapping to material sales. Please check this closely.

5. What if after loading millions of record, there will be a requirement to add another InfoObject into the Cube? Will then I need to use Remolding concept since I'm working on SAP NetWeaver 7.20? or I will delete all data requests from the InfoCube and add the InfoObject and start reloading data into it?

Remodeling is for adding/replacing/deleting infoobjects without deleting the data. But you cannot get historical data for the new fields. Since you have already deleted data now, it is good , so that you will be able to load entire data for both old and newly added fields also in one shot.

Regards,

Suman

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) How to design Multiprovdier? Please elaborate..

Please search the forum for this question you will get several white papers on the same.

2) Can I add Info Object after design?

Yes you can add the infoobject after design of mutiprovider but then your multiprovider will beccome inactive and you need to identify the newly added characteristic.

3) After loading whole data can i make Navigational Attributes?

Yes you can make the object as navigational attribute after loading data but then while transporting it may take some time  where master data volume is high. This is because SAP inserts sids int SID table (/BIC/X*) for new navigational attributes.

4) Is there performance effect/issues on SAP BO reports, if so then how much?

This is something you need to check on your own but again mutiprovider is virtual provider and it usually doesnt impact the performance rather it increases it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get plenty of material on how to deisgn a multiprovider. Anyways, here's answer to your questions:

1. Multiprovider is nothing but the union of the data of the underlying info providers. It does not actually contain data. It draws and combines the data only at run time.

When you create a multiprovider, you have to assign the characteristics and the key figures to one or multiple infoproviders. Generally, you should pick up the common characteristics so that the union of the data is perfect and you do not end up getting separate rows from the infoproviders involved.

2. There can always be change in the design. But you have to remember that the change has to be in the underlying info providers in case you want to add a new info object which is not present at all . If the info object is present in the cubes and you want to add it to the MP, It can be done after design also.You can also assign or de-assign info objects at the MP level.

3. Yes, navigational attributes can be checked after data load also.

4.I am not sure about this, Are you trying to compare MP with BEX queries as a source for BO report?

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Display attributes are tightly attached to the characteristics. You need to be ticked navigational attributes exclusively in your Customer cube-->Right Click -->Change mode-->Nav attrs

What is your idea in mapping attributes from one cube to other? Your attributes will be accessed during the display of data and while making a query in BEx.

Create multiprovider by assigning to the respective chars in the cubes for all chars in your multiprovider. Finally you have to tick the navigational attrs  in the Nav Attr section. Then only these nav attrs will be available in BEx to use them in the report.

The BO report performance is based on your base query only. Make sure your BEx Query runs fine in BEx. Then there will not be any issues in BO.

Regards,

Suman