Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Update of Stock placment sort Seq on Bin Master

suresh_udayagiri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to mass update the Stock Placement Sort Seq on the bin masters (LAGP-SORLP). My sort sequence has no relevancy to the bin number. I tried LS11 but it will work only if u want to create the sort seq by taking the bin number into consideration.

Can any one suggest me if there is a way to update this instead of going for LSMW?

Thanks

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sort sequence for stock placement is defined at storage type level in the configs and, it is reflected in the storage bins created for that particular storage type. So, to use the sort field your storage type and storage bins are mandatory.

Please explain your statement - "My sort sequence has no relevancy to the bin number"

LS11 is the standard transaction for mass update of storage bins. On the selection screen, you can specify the storage type and execute. Inside you will see all the storage bins for that storage type and for this you can update your sort variables.

Regards,

Sushant

suresh_udayagiri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

By statement "My sort seq has no relevancy to the bin number", what I mean is the following example.

S.bin         Sort Seq for Stock Placement

ABC001     12345

ABC002     43984

ABC003     30493

I think the config only works when the sort seq follows the bin pattern. Lets look at the below example.

S.Bin           Sort Seq

ABC001      001

ABC002     002

ABC003     003

I may be wrong. But please let me know where can I define the settings if there is one for stock placement sort seq according to an excel. I have around 5000 bins and sort seqs that I need to update.

Thanks

Suresh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How can a "random" number be maintained with mass maintenance?

Mass maintenance usually distributes one number into several targets or can built a target value by reference.

But looking at those numbers,

ABC001     12345

ABC002     43984

ABC003     30493

you understand  mass maintenance probably as   copy & paste of values into an input screen with several rows, this is not supported here. you need to upload such values, and for this you can use LSMW or SECATT or Batch Input recording.

suresh_udayagiri
Explorer
0 Kudos

I Agree with you. I just wanted to make sure that there is no other way of doing this before I proceed to LSMW.

Thanks

Suresh