cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space in SAP Server is very less.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have SAP ECC 6.0 installed in our machine which has Oracle Database in background.

SAP is installed in E drive and There are 2 folders of Oracle present in both C and E drive.

But I guess Oracle is installed in C drive. Because whenever I create new Objects in SAP, space of C drive is utilized.

Now my main concern is :

The space left in C drive = 13 GB and in other drive is approx 51 GB.

We have one more drive which is recently attached to machine with space = 500 GB.

Does any one know what would happen happen if whole C drive is utilized. How my SAP Server performance will be affected?

Once  C drive full, does the SAP Server will automatically start using the new Drive?

Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suruchi,

If you are creating the data files, from next time please point to the different drive which has more space  while extending the tablespace.

Regards

Mukunthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suruchi,

It is recommended to save free space on all drives at the server side. Because of operating systems are installed on "C" drive, any disk write operation on the drive may be cause wait on queue and make the operating system unresponsive.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suruchi,

This is very difficult to say, but once the c: drive is fulled up you will have problems with windows,

If oracle database is located on the C: then oracle will stop and sap will hang.

First check the location of the sap installation

Second you can check the location of oracle by using oracle views V$data_files

sqlplus and execute select name from V$datafile;

If oracle databaseis located on the C: i would suggest you move the oracle database to the new drive (also depends on the database size)

Kind Regards

Marius

please close 1 of the treads as this is a duplicate

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3365584