Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Item category Determination

former_member232581
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

If I am ordering article using SAP Net-viewer portal in SAP order is picking manual item category (ZHVP) instead of Default (ZVS).

I have checked in configuration based on Sales order type (ZOR)+Item Cat Group (ZVNS)+Item Usage (blank) =Default Item Cat (ZVS) is maintained.

If I am creating order using VA01 default item cat is selecting. Portal code is using same ordering function as VA01 but with little enhancements.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, why don't you request abaper to find out what/how that enhancement does work ?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member232581
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

It was because of the custom developed functionality. Its all sorted now.

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor,

you have missed higher level item category in the item category determination (Sales document type + item category group +higher level item category + Item usage).

Check if the material is a child item of some main item in the order created.

Check if there is any Ztable based on which item category is determined at the order level in sm30 transaction.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I am creating order using VA01 default item cat is selecting. Portal code is using same ordering function as VA01 but with little enhancements.

Hi Vibhor,

That means there is some enhancement in your portal sales. You have to take your Abaper help to debug and understand the reason behind this. May I know under which scenario, you will be using manual Item category, this may give you some clue..

Regards, Sai Krishna.