cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set default values for validfrom and validto during role assignment ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a scenario to set some default values for valid from and valid to field during Role assignment via UI. Here the user who is requesting the role need not specify any explicit values if they don't know but at the same time they can read it from default values populated and leave as is.

Is there a standard way to achieve it ? Where can we configure the same ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lambert-giese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

there are several options I'm aware of to do this.

• Static default values can be set directly on the "Attributes" tab of the UI task. These can be specified in UTC format (YYYY-MM-DD)
  • Dynamically computed default values can be set using the Idm Extension Framework, specifically by implementing TaskProcessingAdapter.onLoad(...) method. See page 25f. of the Extension Framework Implementation Guide. Note, however, that this will require custom Java code, whose software logistics (transport) must be managed separately from normal IdM transports.
  • A commerical alternative to implementing the Extension Framework directly using Java code is to purchase  rhidmo (see this SCN post). It allows you to implement the defaulting logic in terms of normal IdM JavaScript functions, so you don't have to deal with separate software logistics.
  • This last one might not be practical due to value/cost ratio, but I thought I mention it anyway: implement a custom UI from scratch using the IdM REST API (example code), possibly using SAPUI5 as your client-side UI library. That will give you all degrees of freedom, including custom defaulting logic.

Hope that helps,

Lambert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lambert for detailed explanation.

For few project reasons we cannot go with REST API or extension framework currently.

I can understand static value for attributes can be set in task specific. Now our concern is Valid from and Valid To property field while assigning role to user (via MXREF_MX_ROLE).

I am not sure whether it is anyway linked to MX_VALIDFROM or MX_VALIDTO ?

I tried having a to identity store pass to update these fields when it is empty or not set by the user but that keeps giving me error "Overlapping assignment validity: Attribute: MXREF_MX_ROLE" and thought it will be prudent if could set default value prior to that or make this property mandatory something.

Can you please advise on this ?

lambert-giese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

good feedback, I guess I missed the point that your question was specifically about assignment validity, and not about default values in the UI in general.

The attributes MX_VALIDFROM and MX_VALIDTO are not related to assignment validity, at least when they're attributes of an MX_PERSON object. My example screenshot above for static default values is therefore not applicable to your specific problem at hand.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any easy way to default the validity of assignment attributes like MXREF_MX_ROLE.

Best regards,

Lambert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lambert for reverting back.

Experts can anyone else please advise ?

Is it possible to retrieve any pending value objects for this scenario ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You can do this by using below syntac for MXREF_MX_ROLE attribute.

MXREF_MX_ROLE     {A}{VALIDFROM=2000-01-01!!VALIDTO=2020-12-31}<ROLE_NAME>

Thanks,

Pravansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pravansu for your inputs.

Meanwhile i tried following https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwidmic72/en/managing_passes/to_passes/dse_modifying_properties_of_link...  and now with the help of identity store pass could able to achieve our requirement

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathik,

Good to know that you found a solution. Reading your initial question, I thought that you wanted to default the date via the UI. Could you please close this thread.

Cheers

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

As we couldn't able to find any easy way to default the date have to go with this workaround solution