cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation of PRICAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We would be interested in implementing PRICAT outbound, we are running a SAP R/3 system but not SAP Retail. Is SAP Retail required to implement PRICAT? (such as maintaining all data, generating price catalogue and idoc).

Our industry does not use EAN

Thanks in advance for your answer

Carline

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ingo_woesner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Carline,

PRICAT mandatory requires the IS Retail business functions (also known as Retail switch).

EAN is THE key field for PRICAT tables.

So without Retail and without EAN, PRICAT is no option for you.

In case you are thinking about setting the retail switch this document describes the consequences of activating the SAP Retail specific business functions. It is funny that PRICAT is not included in the document - it has been simply forgotten! But it definitely requires IS Retail.

Coming back to your original question I’m not sure about the ERP standard capabilities to export price lists. Maybe you simply need to write a report for this.

A luxury solution certainly is a PIM (Product Information Management) solution, which are provided by 3rd party vendors, for example Heiler Software.

Best regards,

Ingo

Dr. Ingo Woesner
Product Management - Multi Channel
SAP Web Channel Experience Management - Rollout
On Premise Suite Development – Application Innovation

SAP AG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answers. We probably won't be able to use PRICAT then.

Br,

Carline

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have been angry with SAP for a long time over this issue, as distributors need PRICAT because they deal directly with retailers

I feel you will need a Z ABAP/ Z table solution to solve this from an R3 point of view.  Though I have heard before that some consultants have created assortments via direct access to the retail tables.

Hope it helps

Waza

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks IS retail is a requirement for PRICAT. Can you post your question at this blog to Ingo Woesner?

Also in OSS Note 504040 - Carrying out settings/Customizing for the price catalog , the primary component is read as IS.

Regards,