cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm configuring incident management in my Solution Manager 7.1 and I have to integrate satellite systems from my customers to my solution manager

I have a few questions: what kind os systems should I connect? only productives?

what is the concept of solution in solution manager? What is the purpose of assign satellite systems into solutions? What's the best practice in my scenario?: one solution per customer?

I will apreciate all your help thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check that Juan Carlos:

http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman

The condition for connect only productive or all managed system is only yours, beside you are involved to setup de SAP PCO o CCOE, is it this the case you only need to connect productive systems to solman.

Solution is a "concept" to group information on solution manager.

The purpose of assign satellite is for allow you to do a technical Monitoring of each satellite.

We as a SAP partner use a solution for each customer.

that is you scenario ? you are a Partner, Customer, ...

Hope that can hep you.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your contribution Luis, We are in process for PCOE certification (we are VAR partners)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect Juan Carlos, than you only need to connect to Solution Manager ABAP productive Systems ans JAVA productive Systems.

Remember that for that year is mandatory to use Solution Manager 7.1, and for that you will need to install a diagnostic agent in each system, also for ABAP one's.

SAP quote:

"....

IMPORTANT: SAP Solution Manager 7.1 required for PCOE

If you are preparing for the PCOE certification or re-certification and you are supporting SAP Business All-In-One and/or SAP HANA, SAP Solution Manager is the mandatory platform for service delivery to your customers. This system must always be on the current or immediately preceding support package, which means only version 7.1 SP 8 and 9 will be accepted for any certification or re-certification requests starting July 1st 2013.

...."

Regards,

Luis

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Source Link for that last information:

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/partneredge/pcoe

ewa's are comming ¡

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!