cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default language on the Logon Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a system which has the French language pack along with English installed.  On the logon screen there is a value list that selects the "logon screen language" and it is defaulted to English.  Is there a way to change that order so that French is the default?

Steps taken:

I have set the system.default.language to fr for both System and Enterprise.

I have also looked at System->Language Packs.  From there I can control which languages appear in the value list but not there order.  Also, if I only have French selected to display on the logon screen then the drop down will no longer appear and the default will still be set to English.

Thanks,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

the default installation is english, so that will always be picked if you don't chose anything.

Disabling the language packs makes them disappear from the Logon Screen, so the user cannot change the language on the logon screen. However, that does not make any difference because the language is picked from the user account as soon as the user has entered their user id and clicked logon.

If you want the logon page to be french you would need to add the ObjectID of the Language Pack to the URL distributed:

<domainname>/fsbuyer/portal/login?languagepack=-2147483448:50

This worked for us, however, as mentioned above, the language settings are taken from the user account anyway.

/Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anita.  We've come to the same conclusion regarding the languagepack ID / user account settings.

The URL seems to be the best approach available for the initial portal logon screen.

Regards,

Greg

JorgenGude
Newcomer
0 Kudos

@Anita: Where can I lookup/see the Object ID to use in url for languagepack=<Object ID>? Is the Object ID SAP universal or specific in my SAP installation?

Answers (0)