Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to print some background text with 45° rotation in adobe form

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using an Adobe forms in which we have defined a banner to be rotated at 45°.

This is a watermark defined in the master page.

This water mark doesn't get printed out correctly.

Ie : It is not printed in the same way it is displayed int he print preview.

The print preview is correct with the text rotated at 45° like this ( the word "duplicata" is rotated the right way )  :

But the real printout does not get rotated at 45° but at 90°.

The watermark gets printed vertically in the end like this ( the word "duplicata" is rotated at 90° 😞

This is not good and we would like to know why this does not work properly.

Moreover we need a solution to get this printed at 45°as demanded

In the attached file I have described the way we have performed the rotation ( rename the file extension to docx ).

I'm looking for a solution to get the print out done properly, as designed.

Thanks & best regards,

Steve.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Just to let you know about this rotation issue that I finally got an anwser from SAP OSS stating the 45° rotation is not possible :

I checked the question once again and I have bad news:

Adobe only support rotation of objects in muliple of 90 degrees which

means rotation is only possible in 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees.

Though, the results in PDF is actually a bug.

Sorry but I cannot help you here further.

Thank you all for your help & best regards,

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I guess, we cannot rotate it to 45 degrees. I tried in my system.  it is not rotating to 45 in print preview also.  I guess, it would be easy to create a text and rotate it 45 degrees in paint and save it as image and embed on your form. 

Thanks,

Rakesh

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh ,

I thought about using this trick at first, but the point is that the background text may vary. So i don't have any other option but using this kind of text element bound to a variable.

Thanks & best regards,

Steve.

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Does your text vary complete dynamically or it varies with in a set of data?  If it varies with in a set of data, create those set of images call them dynamically. 

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

The form is called from ME22N.

Depending on the message category used, the text varies.

Ie : if it is the real purchase order then no watermark is displayed, if it is a "duplicata" then "duplicata" is displayed as watermark, if it is an internal copy, then " internal copy" is displayed and so on .

I think there should be a limited set of background messages to be displayed.

I'm not a developper, still i'm trying to make this issue solved.

Do you have a procedure to show me how I could build up this set of images and make them being called dynamically ?

Thanks & best regards,

Steve.

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

It is actually a developer job.  It should be done at form level.  If you are having only 2 or 3 images, then place all three images on form and make visible or invisible accordingly using formcalc/javascript.  If you a set of messages, then please follow this link. 

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/logo/Dynamic.htm

Thanks,

Rakesh

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

Thanks for this information, i'll give it a try by myself and see if this can be set up in our implementation.

I still let the thread open in case anyone had a solution or information allowing us to correct this issue using the "text banner".

Thanks & best regards,

Steve.

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I think already you guys are very near to solution.

But some points mentioned below may help you.

1: You need to maintain different types of background texts based on the conditions.

Then you need to do the trick in adobe form wherein you will hide and show based on the entries in nast table.

When you print first time, it will update the table NAST, with the Object Number and the Output Type, the processing status will be set to 1 in field  VSTAT.

In case you want the duplicate copy to be printed for every reprint of the Invoice, the you need to pass in the interface the condition based on to check on the entry in NAST Table for the particular combination of Object Number and Output Type and VSTAT = 1.

If this is true it is second print so you can then call the specific text or image in adobe form.

BR,

Sandeep Katoch