Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori like app development

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would to start developing an app in Fiori-style. I am familiar with SAPUI5 and have seen that it is possible to extend the Fiori-Apps. But could not figure out how to start from scratch.

Will the AppDesigner provide the springboard-layout from the first navigation page? What about the design? Does someone know when the AppDesigner will be released to the public?

Thanks, Vanessa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good question vanessa, Appdesigner has currently not been released. In demo's i saw at Teched the concept of Springboard was not (yet) available. In the ideal future world this would be a possible tool to extent Fiori apps. I think that, due to Sapphire, there was some presure on delivery of the Fiori apps and these concepts are not yet available for customers and partners.

Maybe someone else can provide some more insight. I find the blog of a useful resource

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good question vanessa, Appdesigner has currently not been released. In demo's i saw at Teched the concept of Springboard was not (yet) available. In the ideal future world this would be a possible tool to extent Fiori apps. I think that, due to Sapphire, there was some presure on delivery of the Fiori apps and these concepts are not yet available for customers and partners.

Maybe someone else can provide some more insight. I find the blog of a useful resource

0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for your reply. Hope someone knows when the AppDesigner will be released to the public. Is it maybe in the ramp-up? Could not find informations about it.

0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

current planning for App Designer foresees availability for Q3/2013.

All the best,

Jürgen

0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

thanks a lot for this answer. Haven't seen the site before.

Greetings

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa, see with related SAPUI5 Application Projects to be imported in Eclipse. You will lots of detailed information there. Regards, Bertram