cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnable Packaging, HUM integration and Delivery Processing - PGI errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the process of trying to set up returnable packaging for HUM materials. The deigned logistical flow is relatively straight forward

1. Deliver is created with reference to a scheduling agreement
  2. Delivery item is picked via transfer order, this assigns previously packed HUM item to delivery
  3. The packing instruction contains a returnable packaging item (LIEH) set up as a material master record as per standard LIEH
  4. When picking is complete, the returnable packaging material from the Handling Unit is added as a line item automatically
  5. PGI
  6. Returnable Packaging stock quantity is now visible against the customer

The problem that I am now encountering is that when I try to post goods issue for the delivery, a storage location cannot be determined for the Returnable Packaging items, even though their MM record is maintained for a Storage Location

The queries I have are as follows

1. In order to facilitate automatic generation of delivery line items for packaging materials I assume that you must activate the 'Gen pack matl item' indicator in the delivery definition?
  2. For the material type LEIH should both quantity and value updating be activated in material type definition
  3. Does the packaging material have to be maintained in the same warehouse number as the material it contains in order for a storage location to be determined within the delivery

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In order to facilitate automatic generation of delivery line items for packaging materials I assume that you must activate the 'Gen pack matl item' indicator in the delivery definition?

This indicator will enable you to generate the items categories which are Packaging materials

For the material type LEIH should both quantity and value updating be activated in material type definition

yes, you have to activate both quantity and value update for LEIH material type

Does the packaging material have to be maintained in the same warehouse number as the material it contains in order for a storage location to be determined within the delivery

It is purely a business requirement to decide whether the Packaging material to be in same storage location or should be in different

any how to determine the storage location you have to make necessary settings in OVL3

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vemuri,

My shipping point determination was not setup correctly, that is why the storage location could not be determined!

Answers (0)