DevOps and System Administration Discussions
Dive into SAP DevOps and system administration. Join discussions to collaborate on optimizing workflows, share knowledge, and leverage resources effectively.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with XML transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have some strange problem after installinh ehp6. Problem appears during deserialization of XML flow. There is some interface provided by PI(XI), optional field 'fieldname' type xsd:integer. Then xml come in SAP it contain empty tag <fieldname></fieldname>. When method IF_SXML_SERIALIZABLE~DESERIALIZE of class CL_SXMLP_DATA_ST try to deserialize this it throw exception:

An error occurred when deserializing in the simple transformation program /1SAI/SAS409DF387E8A7C5C0483B

The value '' is not in the value range of the XML schema type 'integer' or it does not meet the specified limitations

exeption occured in

CALL TRANSFORMATION (m_transformation_deserialize)
PARAMETERS (l_ref_params)
SOURCE XML reader
RESULT (l_data_refs)
OPTIONS value_handling = m_opt_value_handling_d.

As i know, before EHP6 there was no problems with such XML. For some reasons it's hard to change mapping in PI. I already tried change technical type of this field in 'sproxy' on string, but it has no any effect. Maybe smbdy know reasons of this, or any ideas about solving this problem.

Thanks, BR, Alex.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved - see note 1651794.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved - see note 1651794.

amitpdutta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have basis version 7.4 . The note is not applicable for me but I am also getting the same error as SYS_ID is missing .

and that is coming just after call transformation.

Canet_1976
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm having the same error executing the next command :

TRY.

CALL METHOD cl_proxy_xml_transform=>xml_xstring_to_abap(

EXPORTING

xml = xstring

IMPORTING

abap_data = <fs_target>

).

CATCH cx_proxy_fault.

CATCH cx_transformation_error.

ENDTRY.

And we are in an S/4HANA environment.

Could you please let me know what did you do or just give to me a bit of information?.

Thanks so much !!!

Kind regards,